Subject: Stocks Expansion rule clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be safe to assume that when companies get launched, that they place a marker onto the 1 space of the locomotive track, effectively having 5 station markers for the map? (where as soon as someone purchases the first share, they place a marker on a red stock square of their choice, which would make all 7 markers per company color accounted for)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are spot on :-) it's exactly that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification, just wanted to make sure. I didn't go with the markers on the board or the stock sheets since I wanted a better feel for them, so I went with beads instead. I did post that I have mostly finished it in this month's pnp thread, though I made custom cards that I can't really 'freely' give out since they're kinda copyrighted to Avery. But yeah, thank you for the easy to build 18XX game, Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been looking at the rules again for the Stocks expansion, I saw that the share marker never moves right during the game, only Up, Left, or Down. Isn't there supposed to be a way to move it Right during the game? Otherwise, I don't see the game ending unless if someone rusts out a company hard enough to cause a bankruptcy. Wouldn't it move left after running a train?

EDIT: So, to break down, here's my questions:

1: Is the President Share twice as much to purchase initially (as it gives 20%) or is it a flat cost per card?

2: Would patching the Run Trains action to include moving the share value right be fine? Or should there be something to help limit it (Every other station after the starting station (For example a 2 station run moves the share marker once, while a 3 station moves it twice, but a 5 station run moves it 3 times)? Stations that other companies own that get used get a share movement too in the same direction?)

3: If the company is forced to buy an upgraded train, the President pays for the standard game's upgrade price (3VP for a 3 Train), correct?

4: When buying trains, either as an action or as part of the inoperable force purchasing, regardless of Basic or $tocks, is it only to the next level (2->3) or can you buy any train you want (4 train while owning a 1 train)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.