Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Got Rue Mogue - Get Season 1 or Angry Neighbors Next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got Rue Morgue and enjoy it, but feel that I want to expand it a little bit. Should I get Angry Neighbors or this Seaon 1? Or maybe even just the Season 1 tile set and a pack of the Walk of the Dead plain zombies?

What matches best and gives the most fun together with Rue Morgue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't buy the whole season 1 if I were you, I would buy the tile pack and the companion #1 which gives you tonnes of missions. The only missions you wouldn't be able to use are ones that require food items, as there are none of those in the s3 equipment deck. The tile set comes with tokens like cars too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cars do seem like they could be a fun addition =). Thinking of picking up the Tile Pack, Compendium, Ultimate Survivors (for the experience deck) and Walk of the Dead box 1 for some new Zombie flavour, mixed in with the S3 Zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think mixing in standard zombies does all that much to be honest, I'd probably just use skinners with the season 1 missions. After all, you can disregard the crawler rules and then they are normal anyway. Also, bear in mind that the spawn cards provided with those boxes spawn differently - if I remember rightly they spawn zombies in higher numbers, which means that if those are all the models you have, you are more likely to suffer extra activations.

You'd probably get more out of a box of toxics or berserkers to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree that you should get toxic or berserker rather than standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1st walkers pack came with spawn cards that spawn larger numbers of walkers to give your campaign a more Remeroesqe fool to it. Weak zombies in larger numbers. I've been wanting to pick up these cards myself.

Grizz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules from Season 1 have been replaced by the Rue Morgue rules. So you don't need those. The tile packs and some homemade cardboard tokens plus the zombie sets should be everything you need. Unless you want the big ole Season 1 box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rozar5 wrote:
The rules from Season 1 have been replaced by the Rue Morgue rules. So you don't need those. The tile packs and some homemade cardboard tokens plus the zombie sets should be everything you need. Unless you want the big ole Season 1 box.

Season 1 Tile pack contains the tokens needed to play on the maps.

I'd go with either Angry Neighbors or Prison(S2) in terms of tons of content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Medina
United States
plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like to mix in all the zombie types. Keeps it fresh looking at different zombies on the board. So I like the standard and skinners combination. But to add a different mechanic go with Season 2 and add the berserkers to the mix before having normal zombies. Getting both is better !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would (and did) get Toxic City Mall. You have to either get the S1/S2 tile sets or else do some homework on some of the maps to make them work with S3 (Which is not super hard) and you get a lot of stuff for the money:

Toxic Zombies
Effectively 10 new survivors, because you get four from TCM and "zombivor" figures with full double sided sheets for the original six S1 survivors so you can use those with no problems.
UltraRed mode with weapons etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with that is that TCM is super expensive everywhere at the moment. This is the case in the UK anyway, not sure if it's the same worldwide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I managed to grab a copy of TCM for about €45 a few months back, but I honestly haven't seen it for that price anywhere since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the S1 tile pack at least. Think that rules out AN for now but still pondering Walk of the Dead or now TCM that seems to come highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.