Subject: Raw 8 oil rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It does not appear to be necessary to trace any kind of supply line to oil dependent units when playing option 10.3. Does this mean you can just spend the oil and activate any oil dependent units no matter where they are on the map? Even if they are out of supply?

And how does limited overseas supply afffect this?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jurin
United States
Great Neck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is my understanding. Remember in RaW 7 oil was really only for tracing for final reorganization, you didn't need to trace to oil for operations.

Most of the burden for oil in RaW 7 was also availability; most people playing with oil play with isolated reorganization. In practice, it is rare that you will be be able to trace supply and NOT to oil (usually happens with pockets) but at the end of the day, the key to oil was having enough to reorg all of your units. With RaW 8 availability of oil is still the key, and my suspicion is that the RaW 8 oil rules in general are trying to simplify the rule. Limited overseas supply does not appear to change this.

Nonetheless, yes, I think your interpretation is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.