Subject: Assembling the models rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any guides to assembling the models? Or is it just a question of looking at the pictures in the rule book and doing your best?

As there are more than 10 types of model and only 10 bases which should be chosen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike,

There's a link under the drive thru review for assembling

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/108875/deadzone-2nd-edition/...

also i used the outside of the box for some good visual guides, it is a pain that they didn't include the guides in the game.

good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers, thanks.

It would have helped if they'd just list the names of the figures chosen.

Still glue at the ready I'm all set to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Robertson
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One small note of caution, some of the pieces (mostly arms) are in sets and marked with letters. With an early set I missed this and had 'fun'. The other thing that I found helpful was looking for google image results and seeing how others had put things together.

As to what weapon choices you should go for... there's some advice on the forums but I went with a random/ looks good/ covers all the bases selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
It is somewhat baffling that Mantic decided to streamline Deadzone into Deadzone 2E but decided to supply a fruit-salad of individual pieces on sprues which will confound most boardgamers. Mantic is really pushing this as a boardgame-esque minis game, but I can't see most boardgamers successfully assembling what's in the starter box without a lot of assistance.

Contrast that with Dreadball 2E which has been announced as now having only single-piece minis going forward. I realize a skirmish game with a fruit-salad of sprue parts is more useful to customize strike teams, but that seems to clash with the idea of Deadzone 2E being a boardgamer-friendly entry-level sort of experience.

I just think your average boardgame purchaser of this game would rather be told, "Dude, make this set of troopers like this," rather than giving them an excess of possibilities that a noob may not be able to comprehend right off the bat. How would a first-time player know what strike-team he/she would want to play before they've ever played? By that time their team has already been glued/painted and might be sub-optimal for their playing style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.