Subject: clarification about Hacienda + Hospice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have played a few games in BGA and i own myself a physical copy. Recently my friend told me that i might misinterpreted some of the rules:

1.Hacienda + Hospice - Hacienda: "..before he takes a face-up plantation tile, take an aditional tile from the face-down stack..."
Hospice : "..he may take colonist from the colonist supply and place it on this tile."
The way i play is that you draw the extra plantation, then you have to decide if you want to use the hospice ability and place the tile right away, or you can pass and place it on the plantation you will get form the settler phase.

2. Colonist Suppply - End game was triggered and there is no more colonist in the supply (the reaming colonist are in the ship). If hospice\university is triggerd what happens next ? Does the player takes a colonist from the ship or he doesnt get any ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memoir Fan
United States
flag msg tools
kushnir wrote:
Hi,
I have played a few games in BGA and i own myself a physical copy. Recently my friend told me that i might misinterpreted some of the rules:

1.Hacienda + Hospice - Hacienda: "..before he takes a face-up plantation tile, take an aditional tile from the face-down stack..."
Hospice : "..he may take colonist from the colonist supply and place it on this tile."
The way i play is that you draw the extra plantation, then you have to decide if you want to use the hospice ability and place the tile right away, or you can pass and place it on the plantation you will get form the settler phase.

2. Colonist Suppply - End game was triggered and there is no more colonist in the supply (the reaming colonist are in the ship). If hospice\university is triggerd what happens next ? Does the player takes a colonist from the ship or he doesnt get any ?

1. In the English rules, page 9, under the Hospice section it says:

"Note: if the player also owns an occupied hacienda and chooses to take the
additional face-down or quarry tile, he does not get a colonist for the extra tile.
If there are no more colonists in the colonist supply, he may take one from the
colonist ship. If there are also none there, he goes without."

For me this says that, if you chose to use the Hospice building ability, the extra colonist will always be placed on the tile drawn on the settler phase, not the extra tile drawn with the Hacienda ability.

2. In the English rules, page 10, under the University section, it says:

"Note: if he builds a production building with more than one circle, he gets only one
colonist. If there are no more colonists in the colonist supply, he may take one from
the colonist ship
. If there are also none there, he goes without."

I cannot find anything in the rules about the same situation with the Hospice building, so I guess that's up to you and your game group to decide.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbasalo wrote:
kushnir wrote:
Hi,

1. In the English rules, page 9, under the Hospice section it says:

"Note: if the player also owns an occupied hacienda and chooses to take the
additional face-down or quarry tile, he does not get a colonist for the extra tile.
If there are no more colonists in the colonist supply, he may take one from the
colonist ship. If there are also none there, he goes without."

For me this says that, if you chose to use the Hospice building ability, the extra colonist will always be placed on the tile drawn on the settler phase, not the extra tile drawn with the Hacienda ability.

You first use the Hacienda then the Hospice so we are still stuck with the same question. I get you can only place one worker, but my question is how ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Memoir Fan
United States
flag msg tools
I don't think I understand your question, then. The way I would play this is :

1. Pick up a tile (A) for the Settler phase.
2. Place A on the island.
3. If I chose to use the Hacienda, then I pick up an extra tile (B) from the supply.
4. Place B on the island.
5. If I chose to use the Hospice then I pick up a colonist from the supply and put it on tile A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbasalo wrote:
I don't think I understand your question, then. The way I would play this is :

1. Pick up a tile (A) for the Settler phase.
2. Place A on the island.
3. If I chose to use the Hacienda, then I pick up an extra tile (B) from the supply.
4. Place B on the island.
5. If I chose to use the Hospice then I pick up a colonist from the supply and put it on tile A.

The order you play is worng

1. You first get a tile from the Hacienda - "On his turn in the settler phase, the owner of an occupied hacienda may, before he takes face-down stack and place it on an empty space on his island. He may take his normal turn in phase."

What comes next ? You need to decide to use the Hospice and place the worker on the first tile, or you can take the 2nd tile (from the settler phase) and then, place wherever you want(from the 2 tiles).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bunyan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kushnir wrote:
1. You first get a tile from the Hacienda - "On his turn in the settler phase, the owner of an occupied hacienda may, before he takes face-down stack and place it on an empty space on his island. He may take his normal turn in phase."

What comes next ? You need to decide to use the Hospice and place the worker on the first tile, or you can take the 2nd tile (from the settler phase) and then, place wherever you want(from the 2 tiles).

I believe the Hospice worker always goes on the tile that was taken face-up. So the order is:

1) Decide whether to use Hacienda. If so, take and place a tile.
2) Take a regular plantation tile
3) Decide whether to use Hospice and place a colonist on this tile

Also discussed here: Hacienda+Hospice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mingyang lv
msg tools
you can get one worker form the ship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.