GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,767 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Mea Culpa» Forums » General

Subject: Tip to assemble the etched posts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Dijkmans
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmb
First punch out the holes.
Make the holes a little bit bigger with a sharp pencil or another object with a sharp tip, like a skewer.
You do this by going up and down with the pencil in the hole.
Fold into a cylinder.
From then on follow the instructions in the rulebook.
This prevents screwing up your game.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the warning and for the advice, pal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leech
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't ruined my pieces but they're going to need glue to keep them together. I can't see how they can be assembled properly without glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyalpha wrote:
I haven't ruined my pieces but they're going to need glue to keep them together. I can't see how they can be assembled properly without glue.

They can't. The holes are too large to grip the teeth of the end pieces. The OP is an idiot whose "advice" actually will ruin your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, that some people seem to have problems with holes too tight, others with holes too wide.

When I assembled the production copy for the overview, it was clear to me, that you have to fold the sides rather hard, so there is no (or not much) tension left to unfold again.

Top row: The middle part was not fold enough! It is just made that way for being photographed properly.

Second thing: When fitting the "positive" parts into the holes, some were a little hard to fit in, so I had to press them first between two fingers. The holes were rather tight, which is necessary to hold the whole piece together.

So, from my experience I would recommend to keep a xacto knife ready for punching (for cutting the paper on the downside a bit to avoid ripping it) and just try, what it needs to make everything fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder... Are there any replacements for people who messed up their components? Could we purchase some extras? Just in case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Richtberg
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

our problem with the tally sticks was, that our producers had big problems to cut the 2mm broad slots. If cut by a single take, the inner parts of the cardboard would stick in the cutting blades of the tool plate and would jam the process, so they cut two times, where the first event makes an L-shaped cut to the left side and the second take will cut the right upside down turned L-shape. That's the only way to produce it. The disadvantage is that the producers cannot prevent some very small deviations from the first take to the second and sometimes that produces a minus deviation, other times a plus deviation. Although it is just some tenth of a mm, it causes effect on the slots. So some are bigger as desired, some are smaller.
We have to apologize for that, but we found out some hours before the Spiel'16, as the games have been produced very shortly before the fair.

If you ruined your tally sticks, there is no problem to get a replacement tally stick board from our spare part service here: http://www.zoch-verlag.com/en/service/spare-part-service.htm...

sorry for that blush

Oliver from Zoch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, THAT is what we call "customer service"!
Thank you very much!
(Even... even I haven't received my copies, yet, so, I don't know what I'll face. They're on the way back home - since I used the Essen mailbox service...)
Anyway! That was very nice and kind from you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm thinking on it:...
Couldn't we use cards instead of these cylinders? As many cards, as the scratches are printed on them. Since our place is hidden during the game, it could work!
OK, the etched posts are cool, but, it would be a pity to ruin the image of the game, if there are too many complaints about them.
I wouldn't mind if I see any of such cards, in the next reprint, or in the first expansion - yeah... I'm talking about the one with the addition sins! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian C.
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We used a die, also goes up to six
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malahias Zumakalis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, true! Instant and cheap solution!
But, you can add your coins upon your cards - plus, they can be painted in your colors, too... That's why I prefer them over dice. (Besides, I wanted to express my wish for an expansion!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A small bit of glue on the last tab/hole connection is all it needs.

This game is brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dijkmans
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmb
First of all i only tried to help. I haven't said that you should push your pencil through the hole with force. Mine are perfectly fine whitout any glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
My slots were way too small/tight.. Even after trying to open them with a screw driver I still had problems making these. Horrible design idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.