Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
After almost 20 matches in which I always used spin, I am starting to feel spin makes the game easier. And perhaps just a little to easy. So I am considering the following variant.

The use spin you add difficulty for each card moved after the ibject ball in addition to the compulsory chalck to use spin. This has the added benefit of making spin shots in line with other shots where each card move to adds to the difficulty of the shots.

I will try this in my next tournment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting - let me know how it goes.

I'm pleased to see the game has replayability for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am no exclusively playing this way, i.e. each card entered after hitting the object ball adds to the shot difficulty. This is in addition to paying 1 chalck to be allowed to move after hitting the object ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently updating the rules.

The rules for Spin currently say:

For the first card of this ‘Spin path’ you will need 1 Chalk. For each additional card in the Spin path add 1 to the Shot Difficulty.

This is in addition to the normal shot difficulty of the number of cards from the Cue ball to the Object ball to the pocket.

Is what you are suggesting different to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, my suggestion is that each card adds to the difficulty, including the first card.

If this is what the rules already try to say, then I suggest a rewrite similar to this.

"To use spin, you will need to spend 1 Chalk. For each card in the Spin path add 1 to the Shot Difficulty."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - now I understand.
Yes, I like your suggestion as it is consistent with the game mechanic, so I'll update the rules accordingly.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.