Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many rumors flying around about how horrible the translation is. But (as far as I know, no backer have actually seen either the cards or rules.)
So, if you're going to Essen. Could you please have a quick look at the rules and cards and tell us what you think of the translation?
That would put many backers (including me) at ease. And I think everyone (including Titan Forge Games) really wants to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Epple
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I was there and there wasn´t much to see. No prototype, just a few minis of a pretty bad quality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update!
But they are supposed to have five copies of the game that arrived today. That's what I'm really hoping to see/know about.

Saw some pictures of the minis in the ks thread and those looked OK to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osama El Agha
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm not a backer and English is not my native language.

I bought today the Base Game and the Expansion. I watched a demo at the Fair and asked the People who played the Demo how they did feel about it. They said it's easy and not complicated and didn't notice any problems with Cards, but they were German. Maybe for non English speaking people is not a notable thing. I'm checking the Components now. They r amazing and worth the Money which I payed for it. It was 108 Euro. So I think all backers should be happy with components, cuz they will have more things in it I think. About the cards and the rules, it's for me personally hard to tell cuz as I said, it's not my native language.

I hope somebody will upload a better impression than I did.

Oh and there were plenty of it today to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome news!
Thanks!
I'll just send this link along to people who are worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Rian
msg tools
Peter....the rules were made available...just in a format that made it very difficult to open and do anything about. Basically large pdf formats that required a special program to unzip...I've looked at most of the pages...specifically the first 5 and was not impressed with the amount of errors I saw....I then randomly looked at other pages and continued to see errors here and there... So it's not exactly true about the rules....they were looked at by backers... The problem is this was basically a final production version that was already underway if not already printed. There was nothing backers could do... TFG basically pushed this through to have it ready for Essen.

The cards are a whole other issue... nobody has seen them...apparently not even the creators...who in theory should have approved them prior to printing...

Yes...let's hope for the best...(and TFG if you read these forms... remember the American adage..."Trust but verify" for any of your future KickStarter campaigns).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh...
Bad news. What were those huge mistakes? Could you please give me an example?
In any case, as I wrote before on another thread. I believe we will get updated rules. So no worries there. When it comes to the cards, those are based on icons. So we should be OK there.
Still I'm hoping to be able to buy a version of the fixed cards and rules.
This game should obviously never have been sent to the printers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Post
United States
Fort Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
the manual that Pandarian is talking about is in this update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/lobotomy-boa...
I don't think it's backer exclusive. Titan Forge said that it wasn't final but it may be indicative of the final manual. You need to have winrar, as with pretty much any zipped file, to open it and then Adobe to or another PDF program to read it. It is not Editable and each page is saved in a separate file. I am about a fifth of the way through it so far and it doesn't look too terrible but there are a lot of little mistakes. Seems like the first part is usually the best gone over though. Not sure how many errors were corrected before printing.

Also it seems like the rules could be written much more concisely so that's something to consider if we want to make our own version of the rules at some point. Or for reprinting. Personally I'd much rather have a nice clear quick reference sheet than have to slog through a book for general play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Post
United States
Fort Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Also Pandarian was one of the people suggesting corrections to the rulebook so he is pretty awesome and I understand his frustration. The first version they sent us was much easier to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
I have collected mine from essen today. Two figures are bentcry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jocom wrote:

A bath of hot water, bend a bit in shape and then a bath of ice cold water. Hopefully this will fix your problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jocom wrote:

But what about the rules and cards? Another backer said that there were only minor mistakes in the rules and cards. What's your opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
Australia
flag msg tools
Can you provide us some pictures. perhaps of the bent figures, some close ups in general and verify if the tiles are double sided too. thanks for sharing your experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
sorry. i bought 14 games at essen and the games with thicker rulebook are not on my priority so I didn't looked at the manual yet.

for you guys I just removed the plastic from the cards and did some random pics. i went through some cards and i looked for me ok. but I am not a native speaker.

the cards are ok. could be thicker. the board is good. thick cardboard double sided printed.

the minis are all in all okay. some are very nice and detailed. some look like flying frog blobs. not of "evil" prodos quality. but similar to zombicide, at least the good ones.

pics taken with my mobile

bend minis:

after forming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@jocom, thank you so much for these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Diaz Diaz
Spain
oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nein Nein
@jocom Thanks for the pictures, My game is travelling right now from Germany, Hopefully by friday I can see those with my own eyes...
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards seem to be in good shape. If their are issues, I'm guessing it will be limited.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
The cards seem to be in good shape. If their are issues, I'm guessing it will be limited.

Jorune

Yeah, lots of smoke but no fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Post
United States
Fort Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
technically the Tarot Card in the first picture of the cards has the word through spelled trough and there are a couple places quotes are just a tiny bit off but there isn't anything game breaking from the preview. Good news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Cruz
United States
flag msg tools
Nein Nein
@jocom Thanks you for the pictures. If i can ask I know the game is suppose to come with 3 blood drinkers(vampires); did your copy of the game only come with one mini figure of the cheerleader and two of the woman with a snake around her? The reason I ask is because one backers copy came that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
just compare to the kickstarter right now and

2 snake girls, 1 cheerleader
24 scavengers but the 12 patients are missing(!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

There are some obvious errors--"trough" for through; "it's" for its. For an English editor, these are easy fixes. What in editor can also offer is idiomatic English. There's a tendency, when translating to a different language, to keep the word order the same as the writer's native language, which damages clarity and makes things feel a little off.

Some of the cards read like first-draft material. For example, on the "memory trip" card, there are multiple instances in which the effect is written before the cause. "You tremble when you hear footsteps in hallway and freeze when the door opens." The problem is that the person needs to hear footsteps before he trembles--and the door needs to open before he freezes. Another issue: this passage, even though it moves forward in time, goes from present tense to past tense (if it's a memory, it should be written entirely in a single tense). There are also some missing commas and some issues with verb form.

A competent English editor would have corrected these issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Diaz Diaz
Spain
oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jocom wrote:
just compare to the kickstarter right now and

2 snake girls, 1 cheerleader
24 scavengers but the 12 patients are missing(!!)

This is a "quote" of a girl called Sarah Kilian that got her game in Essen...
"Sooo... In the tray we have:
Characters: Peter Constant, Helena Swann, Marcus Dieter, Arnie Connors, Ellen D. Ridley, Bernard Smith, Dayle Walker (KS) and Grandma Bates.
Monsters: 3x Twins (KS), 1x Body Snatcher, 4x Orderly, 1x Antichrist, 1x Baba Yaga, 1x Nemesis, 4x Little Girl, 1x Big Mama, 3x Vampire (one of them Cheerleader), 1x The Clown, 3x Slasher, 2x Witch and 8x Nurse.
In the bags we have:
1x Frankensteins Monster, 1x The Warden, 16x Mental Patient, 12x Scavenger and 3x Alter (KS) and First Player Token (KS)"
nothing else to say...
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drpretorios wrote:

There are some obvious errors--"trough" for through; "it's" for its. For an English editor, these are easy fixes. What in editor can also offer is idiomatic English. There's a tendency, when translating to a different language, to keep the word order the same as the writer's native language, which damages clarity and makes things feel a little off.

Some of the cards read like first-draft material. For example, on the "memory trip" card, there are multiple instances in which the effect is written before the cause. "You tremble when you hear footsteps in hallway and freeze when the door opens." The problem is that the person needs to hear footsteps before he trembles--and the door needs to open before he freezes. Another issue: this passage, even though it moves forward in time, goes from present tense to past tense (if it's a memory, it should be written entirely in a single tense). There are also some missing commas and some issues with verb form.

A competent English editor would have corrected these issues.

if this are the mistakes, I`m 100% good. they ideally should be written the other way, but honestly:
1. eng is not my 1st so unless my boyfriend noticed and point them out (which normally he don't care) I would have never tell
2. they don't affect gameplay so if the game flows well, I`m good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Kurek
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game at Essen and I'm fine with the language in the rules.
I'm no native speaker and I found some minor spelling mistakes while reading the rules (haven't finished them yet), but for my part I can say that the rules are very clear to me and easy to grab.
I really like the minis and the gameplay works perfectly.

PS: I think you can find minor mistakes in any game if you want to find them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.