M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this up at Spiel yesterday. Because I loved the artwork and because it looked like a nice fast game. I didn't play it, however. Now reading the rules while solo-ing.

Something eludes me:

1)
You have two workers in your own color. You pick two cards. You put your 2 workers on them.
So... why do you need them? I mean, isn't the fact that you took those cards enough? Why put your workers on them?

2)
The black workers: why are these "workers"? They seem to differ entirely in function from your own workers. You can't use them on action cards - at least, you have 2 action cards in your own color. So without a 3rd card, why would you need a third worker? So their only purpose seems to be to trade one in for 2 VP in the Construction phase.

What am I missing?
-Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thing i played it before buying. Got my copy signed by the guy aswell.

1) Soldier cards stay in your play area afther the discard phase. If you did not use them. If you use them by putting a worker on them and a battle event card comes up. Then you discard it. Otherwise soldier card stay tell used. Even if you put a worker on a soldier card. And there is no battle event at the end. You remove the worker token en keep the soldier card.

2) If you read above. You should know now why you need a black worker.
Every player can only get 1 black worker at a time. When a black worker is used it goes back to the general pool until you get a market card again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saigetsu wrote:
Good thing i played it before buying. Got my copy signed by the guy aswell.

1) Soldier cards stay in your play area afther the discard phase. If you did not use them. If you use them by putting a worker on them and a battle event card comes up. Then you discard it. Otherwise soldier card stay tell used. Even if you put a worker on a soldier card. And there is no battle event at the end. You remove the worker token en keep the soldier card.
Yeah, I read this in the rules: "However, players keep "Army" cards in the following two case:
- the player did not put a worker on the "Army" card.
- [..]"

Try to make me understand please: WHY would I not put a worker card?

Example:
I choose 2 cards, 1 is Army. I have 2 workers. Placing 2 workers on the 2 cards. Not placing would be dumb.
Then Event: no Attack, I keep the Army card.

Next round, I choose 2 cards and NOW I can choose whether I would place a worker on either of the 2 new cards, or my old Army card. So in that case (only) I can see you not putting a worker on the card.

To extend the example: Now I choose Market and obtain my 3rd worker. Now I have 1 Army card (there hasn't been an Attack event yet) and 2 new cards. I have 3 workers. So I place one worker on one card each.

Saigetsu wrote:
2) If you read above. You should know now why you need a black worker.
Every player can only get 1 black worker at a time. When a black worker is used it goes back to the general pool until you get a market card again.
(highlight by me).
This I cannot find in the rules. Where does it say you have to return a used black worker to the general pool??

Page 5: You can get a 3rd worker. No 4th allowed.
And according to page 6, you can voluntarily decide to turn the black worker in for 2 VP when the Construction event comes up. This means you can also opt to keep him!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sungwoo Hyun
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
mb
1. Try to make me understand please: WHY would I not put a worker card?

Your example is general case. But I don't agree with "Not placing would be dumb." For example, if your victory point is 0, it is also good strategy that you don't put a worker on the Army card. Because you don't lose any victory point under Attack, sometimes keeping the Army card instead using it is good for the future.

Besides, you can have many Army cards, so there could be the Army card that you never put a worker on.

2. Where does it say you have to return a used black worker to the general pool?? Page 5: You can get a 3rd worker. No 4th allowed. And according to page 6, you can voluntarily decide to turn the black worker in for 2 VP when the Construction event comes up. This means you can also opt to keep him!

I think that you wrote the same as the passage highlighted by you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Sylvester
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a worker from the previous round on your army card, you have only 1 worker left, but still have 2 cards. If you dont have the black marker, you loose an action (the soldier just stands there).
For that reason I can see not putting a worker on the army card - if you dont have (or cant get) a third worker youre blocking yourself... youre basiccly waiting for an attack.

I think you only give the black worker back, when you pay for a building? Icant find any other thing in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sungwoo Hyun
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You can choose up to 3 cards until you pay a black worker for Construction (You can pay a black worker only for a building).

Ahh.. I thought that using a black worker means paying a black worker for a building in "When a black worker is used it goes back to the general pool"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Sylvester
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sungwoo Hyun wrote:
You can choose up to 3 cards until you pay a black worker for Construction (You can pay a black worker only for a building).

So if I have three workers I choose 3 cards? It doesnt say so in the rules (It says "until every player has 2 cards"), but that makes sense of course. So you draw one card per worker - correct?
(Regardless of how many workers are still standing on soldier cards due to an attack)

On the same note: Can I remove workers from soldier cards (iof they are standing tehre from previous rounds?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sungwoo Hyun
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
mb
1. So if I have three workers I choose 3 cards? It doesnt say so in the rules (It says "until every player has 2 cards"), but that makes sense of course. So you draw one card per worker - correct?

No. Sorry for the confusion in using words. Players always receive 2 cards in every round. They may use any or all of their workers (of course, maximum 3). There can be no more than 1 worker on each card.

2. Can I remove workers from soldier cards?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Just to make sure:

You can place a black worker on a card like any of your other 2 workers. Obviously, you'll only do this when you have 3 cards (at least). You can use your black worker round after round like this (doesn't return to the general pool).

The only way to get rid of/ loose a black worker is when there is a Construction card and you choose to swap your black worker for 2 VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.