$20.00
$30.00
$15.00
$5.00
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Martians: A story of civilization looks great, so i wonder... What happen ? We need answers, i think it's better to make only one threat for the designers :

1) We can have new birth tokens each turn without any purpose once we have our 4th colonist... Never see that before, gain token for nothing... First version of the rules used these token to have birth after death (great, thematic !) and put one more Oxygen token when we have our 4th colonist, great, the new rules are right ? Remove these points ?
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1653076/i-miss-somethin...

2) Upgade tokens missing in the box if we read the rules... The rules are right ?
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654321/not-enough-upgr...

3) 2 crop tiles missing... The rules are right ?
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654348/missing-pieces

Later today :

Missing tokens
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654493/missing-facilit...

Another player lost...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654493/missing-facilit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McGillivray
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I think you mean "thread" not "threat".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just glad that I backed out of the KS :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
Francesco Neri
mbmbmbmb
it was the same with lord of the ice garden.
they always do great games with insufficient rulebook... so as happened with tlotig i suppose they will do a second edition of rulebook.

and yes, that's hurt, but i'm a backers that had put this in count
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"threat".... yes of course "thread", sorry i'm french, but threat... it's funny... Not on purpose, i sweare

I hope it's only that, i hope the designers can explain here, because i wanted to buy the game and i think i'm not the only one to wonder now...

Some backers was upset because the game is going to be sell in october and they have to wait march 2017... But if we can't play... shake

So, i'm waiting... missing peaces or wrong rules ? Rules wrong about "rebirth" colonist and O2 token with 4th colonist ? I really hope because, the 2 ideas are thematic, and tokens become usefull all the game and 02 matter more than 1 round...

Please easy, one PDF...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi J
msg tools
We played it today. We definitely have a few questions for them tomorrow.
We played 2 player coop, first cycle twice, first without realising that the 10 energy and 2 supply ate a shared pool for you to use. OK that could have been us reading wrong. That was way too hard anyway! 2nd we played the first cycle with the correct shared pool. It should be made clear what in coop is counted as shared, I.e. money? Because it isn't clear.. I.e. if it is shared, why say player 1 gets 2 and player 2 gets 3.. if it isn't shared, why not?? Are cards shared, I.e. the regolith assessment ones? It definitely needs to be clearer.
We then played s full game with 3 player coop playing the Mars one mission.
1. There are quite a few times when the rules and symbols lack some clarity.
E.g. with the event cards we couldn't find anywhere that clarified you how you should be setting the event cards, I.e. are the 0 event cards the base ones that appear in all and the others only included in the scenario? This was not stated and made it very unclear, it didn't seem to work too well to have event cards not for the scenario.
We didn't have the issues you are talking about to do with worrying about too many birth tokens as we weren't managing to clear out all the disease and hunger after the first round. It wasn't very clear if in coop all players should get their 4th token when reaching 3 birth tokens or just 1.
It seemed like we got to the win condition halfway through cycle 4, but if so, why bother continuing to the end of the cycle? There was a sense of anticlimax for winning as it didn't feel like the story resolved, and there was no reason to continue to the end of the round. We seemed very high on the happiness track.
We seemed to run out of energy sometimes and at that point you are severely limited as to what you can do, like basically nothing.
It isn't very clear when you are supposed to take energy, it has it in the supplementation phase but also at the beginning of round 1 (via symbol) it didn't seem right to do it twice, so we didn't, but it doesn't mention weather or event in supplementation. You don't do this phase for the first round, and it says to skip those symbols for the first cycle, but then you seem to only use 5 of the 6 event cards.
In coop there seems to be no advantage for clearing out some of a hunger or disease as there is no benefit to having some of them gone, so why bother?
Argh, anyway, lots of clarifications required.
The birth token thing though, I don't think that is an issue, it is difficult to clear everything out for the end of each cycle, it takes 3 time, so your whole round to add either of those technologies, and that is without having to get the stuff to be able to clear out the field first, and assuming no-one else is there (In comp).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your review, do you think it would be better when we earn our 4th colonists to have to put another O2 token or keep the single one ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyzenflay wrote:
It seemed like we got to the win condition halfway through cycle 4, but if so, why bother continuing to the end of the cycle? There was a sense of anticlimax for winning as it didn't feel like the story resolved, and there was no reason to continue to the end of the round. We seemed very high on the happiness track.

I guess then you just play for a high score, also having to clear out all the remaining tokens from the quarters.

Quote:
In coop there seems to be no advantage for clearing out some of a hunger or disease as there is no benefit to having some of them gone, so why bother?

What do you mean no advantage? You are aware that one of the winning condition for coop is to not have any token in the quarters, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.