Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://blog.google/topics/journalism-news/labeling-fact-che...

An interesting idea, a good one I think, but it certainly opens them up to accusations of bias. I've not seen it show up on my news feed yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, perhaps fox news can start one for Trump or the Daily KOS start one for Hillary.

Sorry google, but the only people who would trust your "facts" are the people who are already on your side of the argument. They have zero credibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I found a "Fact Check" link. Looks like they still need to work on the feature. It linked this article:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-hillary-c...

To this politifact page:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/...

The original news article doesn't contain any statements from Trump about Hillary's stance on immigration, open borders, etc. Clearly the fact check isn't relevant at all in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
LOL, perhaps fox news can start one for Trump or the Daily KOS start one for Hillary.

Sorry google, but the only people who would trust your "facts" are the people who are already on your side of the argument. They have zero credibility.

Yeah, "fact-checkers" in 2016 are really just "spin-masters" who can take a 100% true statement and call it "mostly false" by running down semantic rabbit trails.

You have any examples of that, or are we just being treated to more of the collective alt right breakdown over Orange Lucifer spiraling to defeat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
You have any examples of that, or are we just being treated to more of the collective alt right breakdown over Orange Lucifer spiraling to defeat

You do know how to search ? http://bfy.tw/8Cij

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

That search seems to be broken. It just leads to a bunch of complete bullshit.

Good thing that RSP allows right-wing pr0n!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Yeah, "fact-checkers" in 2016 are really just "spin-masters" who can take a 100% true statement and call it "mostly false" by running down semantic rabbit trails.

Actual NBC "fact-check."

Here's USA Today's "fact-check":

Quote:
Trump also said Clinton’s emails were “acid washed,” calling it a “very expensive process.” Neither statement is true. The emails were deleted using a free software program that does not involve the use of chemicals.

There was also the bit where Trump referred to Hillary being Secretary of State when Obama drew a "line in the sand" in Syria. Hillary said she was long gone from the position by then.

NBC declared them both wrong. To their credit they noted that in fact Hillary was Secretary of State, but because there can't be a Hillary lie without an equal Trump one, NBC said Trump was wrong because Obama drew a "red line" not a "line in the sand."

Stupid semantic game that allows them to say LIE! in 144-pt type hoping nobody really looks too closely.

And that's just NBC. The pattern repeats itself with all the "fact-checkers" in the media.

Any wonder that trust in the media is at an historic low -- lower than trust in either of our two awful candidates?

You do know how fact checking works? The reader does have to evaluate the content of the lie. Trump's 'semantic' lies are little but show a lattern of being poorly informed and or tslking right out his ass on topics.

And bias? You do realize both sites you linked did point out thst the Clinton team did delete emails right? If it was going bias, why incljde that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

Right Wing Pr0n? Is that a bunch of old, white dudes rogering women and minorities while gagging them with dollar bills?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico mcflico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
You do realize both sites you linked did point out thst the Clinton team did delete emails right? If it was going bias, why incljde that?

That's not what they did. They didn't call it "TRUE" that Hillary used Bleachbit on her e-mail*, they called it a "LIE" because Trump used the phrase "acid-washed." You're telling me you don't think that's dishonest "fact-checking"?

------

* By the way, you lefties keep saying that she's innocent because there was no intent. There was. And if the use of Bleachbit doesn't show intent, I don't know how to help you break out of your fantasies.

I know you only only use legit sources, but maybe it was this statement that was being fact checked:

Donald J Pussygrabber wrote:
"And not only that, she BLEACHED which somebody said they'd never even heard of, in a very expensive fashion, used chemicals so that nobody will ever be able to see them."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

Slate? The WSJ? There were plenty of good sources there, the usual right/left ones but also the Lefty ones that acknowledged the bias.

My Google news feed has zero about Russia and Putin and Hillary stating she'd institute a no-fly zone in Syria. Which Putin says would lead to Russia shooting down (or trying to anyway) any American aircraft enforcing it. How is that not top of the news? What Google leads with is Trump vs. women. And they feature none of the stories that clearly debunk the main accusers. Even the moron who claimed Trump raised the armrest to fondle her naughty bits debunking (with pictures of the actual interiors of the aircraft showing large, bulky, fixed-in-place center armrests) her were of no interest to the media. The MSM is at this point little more than an extension of the Clinton campaign.

Anyway, I'm still offering my vote for Hillary if anyone here wants to send me a crisp new $100 bill for it. I could use extra cash to help stock my bunker for when Hillary starts WW3 in January. Hopefully I'll also be caught up on all my Netflix series when the missiles start flying.

What a dumb fucking cunt she is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who fact checks the fact checkers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
galad2003 wrote:

The reader: by looking at the cited basis for the conclusion if they wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't even something Google is doing. They're merely looking for fact checks from other websites using the special markup that had been proposed for such content. People who are mad at Google are ignorant about what's really happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
You do realize both sites you linked did point out thst the Clinton team did delete emails right? If it was going bias, why incljde that?

That's not what they did. They didn't call it "TRUE" that Hillary used Bleachbit on her e-mail*, they called it a "LIE" because Trump used the phrase "acid-washed." You're telling me you don't think that's dishonest "fact-checking"?

No, it's a "lie" because not just the method used was wrong, but the statement that it was a 'very expensive' process. The "lie" is that this was something her team did at great difficulty and cost, thus implying they were trying to hide something.

The truth of the matter is that they used a free, 'off-the-shelf' software solution that is commonly used by anyone disposing of hardware. I mean, anyone who has ever sold a computer or hard drive or whatever has done the exact same thing, as it's both free and easy to do, nevermind being just common sense.

Ergo, the "lie" - making it sound like a standard practice done by everyone getting rid of old hardware is instead some kind of scary, difficult, and expensive thing you'd only do if you had super secret secrets to hide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
XanderF wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

No, it's a "lie" because not just the method used was wrong, but the statement that it was a 'very expensive' process. The "lie" is that this was something her team did at great difficulty and cost, thus implying they were trying to hide something.

The truth of the matter is that they used a free, 'off-the-shelf' software solution that is commonly used by anyone disposing of hardware. I mean, anyone who has ever sold a computer or hard drive or whatever has done the exact same thing, as it's both free and easy to do, nevermind being just common sense.

Ergo, the "lie" - making it sound like a standard practice done by everyone getting rid of old hardware is instead some kind of scary, difficult, and expensive thing you'd only do if you had super secret secrets to hide.

See? Instead of talking about how Hillary used Bleachbit on a hard drive that had been subpoenaed in an investigation, you made it totally about Trump! Now that's how it's done! You're so awesome at spinning Hillary's crimes into anti-Trump rhetoric you should work as a "fact-checker!"

it seems that Trump should have just stuck to the facts, rather than adding in fake shit. Then the discussion would be about The Truth rather than his lies.

you should contact his campaign and offer assistance there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

The reader: by looking at the cited basis for the conclusion if they wish.

If people did that fact checkers wouldn't be needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Hate to be a bummer, but I suspect this is more about the proliferation of those stupid 'satire' fake news sites than it is about politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

------

* By the way, you lefties keep saying that she's innocent because there was no intent. There was. And if the use of Bleachbit doesn't show intent, I don't know how to help you break out of your fantasies.

It is really too bad that these lefties do not understand that intent is not a requirement for breaking these laws.
YOu can be extremely careless and break these laws.
COurse, if you have Comey covering for you I guess he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

------

There you have it folks. Trump used the term acid washed, but the correct term was Bleachbit, and the claim was deemed false... that means ALL fact checking is bogus.

Is that what you're trying to imply, Drew? Surely fact checking must have a higher percentage correct than zero, right?

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Politifact has found Trump's statements to be false far more often that true. So who's wrong? Politifact or Trump?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clinton is the scattered candidate. Have you read any of the leaked speeches she made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.