8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Pulling rabbits out of the pouch/bag? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Perotti
Sweden
flag msg tools
Got an offer to buy King's Pouch used from a guy and it seemed an interesting game. So I was wondering what other games the are where you are pulling worker or what not out of a pouch/bag? Games i have, Roll for the Galaxy and Carcassonne. But looking for something more in line with King's Pouch. Or should I have taken him up on the offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with King's Pouch but sounds like you're taking about bag-builders. The big two that I know of are Orléans and Hyperborea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Orléans, each player pulls workers from a bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Perotti
Sweden
flag msg tools
cafin8d wrote:
I'm not familiar with King's Pouch but sounds like you're taking about bag-builders. The big two that I know of are Orléans and Hyperborea
Bag-builders? Sounds intresting, will have to do some reserch on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
EternalNightmare wrote:
Got an offer to buy King's Pouch used from a guy and it seemed an interesting game. So I was wondering what other games the are where you are pulling worker or what not out of a pouch/bag? Games i have, Roll for the Galaxy and Carcassonne. But looking for something more in line with King's Pouch. Or should I have taken him up on the offer?

Check out:
Quarriors!. You aren't pulling out workers but you are pulling out your minions.
Automobiles They aren't "workers" per say, but really that's what they are.
Castle Panic You're pulling out the enemies workers in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yggdrasil has 4 bags that you pull tokens out of and restock and have to manipulate the ratio of warriors (good) to fire giants (bad). So you can get the warriors that you need to fight the impending doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Thebes - you pull sand from the bags... while one's opponents find artefacts.

The Downfall of Pompeii - you pull lava tiles in the hopes of burning your opponents' peoples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
Puzzle Strike (Third Edition) has a bag to shuffle your chips. It's Dominion with Super Puzzle Fighter (Video Game) mixed in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.