Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
First Minnesota started a Seki tournament last night. At least 14 people played, if not more.

The main event was the start of the much anticipated Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan tournament. Classy was a great organizing/cat-herding host answering questions and creating matchups on the fly.

A Sekigahara gomoku narabe.

Not everyone was playing Sekigahara, although Sekigahara manages to photobomb.

The big picture.

Brian's first match of the First Minnesota Sekigahara tournament was as Ishida against SteveV's Tokugawa. SteveV was in the beginner's bracket, but certainly did not play as such. Never managaed to capture Maeda castle and grab the castle advantage. Summoned all of Mori to bolster my position, but started to lose position late and Ishida himself was needed to lead an army of mismatched troops. Ishida lost his head in his first and only battle. Sudden death victory for SteveV in week 6.

"Beginner" SteveV crushing his hapless opponent.

Second match again had me as Ishida to Matt's Tokugawa. There were battles in the first phase of the first turn and every turn after that. Although Tokugawa had relinquished castle superiorty early on, many smaller battles everywhere kept things very fluid. Ishida never found a good opportunity to summon any of Mori's blocks and the lack of the Mori leader made holding ground difficult. So difficult that Tokugawa suddenly took the lead in the bottom of the ninth, but a good fistful of cards allowed Ishida to take back the lead for a squeaker of a win. 14-13. Tense and tiring game.

Matt surveys all the splintered armies.
[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas W
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome!! Wish we had something like this here in ATL as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jealous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Lyseng
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I wish I knew about this! I just picked up Sekigahara and live in the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
jordanlyseng wrote:
I wish I knew about this! I just picked up Sekigahara and live in the area.

You gotta come some night! We play at The Source Comics & Games. It's probably one of the most popular games played and played on a regular basis.

We set up games weekly on our I WANT TO PLAY threads. First Minnesota BGG page:

https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/875
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazymonkey75 wrote:
This is awesome!! Wish we had something like this here in ATL as well.

The only reason we have this in Minnesota is because we have great, passionate gamers (and even better people) who make it happen.

Takes work, but it can be done!

Also: More tournament pics and details showing up in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654391/fogr-101416-sekigah...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.