Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey everybody,

So I just played this game twice so far and only with 2 players. On the game it says 30 min playing time. I know the first time playing it always takes longer. Which it did. My first time playing this was 1 1/2 hours the second time was 1 1/4 hours. I had fun regardless of the length time. But I'm just curious what others people length of games clocked at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on what both players are trying to do. If you're both trying to build up huge piles of goods, the game can takes longer.

My average games are 30-45 mins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
30 minutes or so. Never more than 45.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played:

2p, 1 first-timer: 45 minutes
3p, 2 first-timers: 60 minutes
4p, 3 first-timers: 60 minutes

(All times are actual play, not counting rules/setup.)

In all my games, at least one player has built a building almost every round. If everyone is avoiding building, then I could see how the game would run longer. If everyone is pushing their luck and often not producing, that could also slow things down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a classic game of trying to stay ahead each round so that you can be the one to decide to trigger the game end. It's not always the person that builds all 8 buildings that wins, since a well designed production chain can be more effective. However if your opponent is dithering about building up resources, you really should be pushing the end game.

Also another huge time sink in this game is not taking turns concurrently. Most of the game you can all go at the same time and just need to check turn order if anyone is hiring a worker. This greatly speeds up the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Also another huge time sink in this game is not taking turns concurrently. Most of the game you can all go at the same time and just need to check turn order if anyone is hiring a worker. This greatly speeds up the game.

Once everyone is comfortable with the game, that makes sense. I haven't played with enough repeat players yet for us to trust that everyone is doing exactly the right thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We do the worker placement and building card selection concurrently, but I enjoy watching what the other player(s) achieve on their turns after the second market, and would miss that if we did that simultaneously too.

I play mostly 2P and it's not more than half an hour now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.