GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,740 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Nine Years: The War of the Grand Alliance 1688-1697» Forums » General

Subject: Dutch War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
Excuse me, it's too soon to start whining for a pre-prequel about the aforementioned Dutch War?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about, would be good to have a game where Conde and Turenne can show their mettle. Map though would have to much smaller and focused on Netherlands and Alsace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools

YES!

Marlborough, Luxembourg and Turenne, what other series of games could boast such a team of generals?

A smaller and more detailed map of Alsace and a card about the opening of the dykes

Then, of cours, you could add a fourth installment containing a mini-game on the war of devolution and a political system to link them all..

Just saying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. Ever thought of designing such a game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
Gittes,

I tinkered for a while with a design on the four wars of 'ol Louis, a political/military four player cdg, it went down in flames briefly after take off

I'm really in awe of people that could design and implement game mechanics that actually works, I simply doesn't have the skill for the task

So, thanks for your work, you'll have a customer here, alas not a colleague

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Carlo, if you want I can take what you have and hammer it into something that works. If I do you will get a co-designer credit.

Otherwise, I am not likely to craft something. I can improve on a design, however incomplete, but I don't quite have the passion to start from scratch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Meyler
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a prototype ready. For now check Consimworld topics (No Peace Without Spain, Nine Year War)for details. When I have a bit more time, I'll try to post so more details here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear. Any publication plans with this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools

Quite intriguing indeed, please keep us informed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.