bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I wasn't sure if a creature card that is discarded is the same as "destroyed"? Can I use To the Eyrie when A frightened Beast comes up?

Thanks in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, no. "Destroyed" only means "received enough damage to be discarded". This could be from an attack, or it could be from direct-damage effects, but a card that is discarded does NOT count as being destroyed.

So when the Horn of Gondor card was recently errata'd to read "when a character is destroyed" (it had previously read "when a character leaves play"), that nerfed its effectiveness in a LOT of decks. For example, Rohan decks have a lot of "Discard this character to do X" effects -- so the old version of the Horn of Gondor was really useful for gaining a resource every time that happened. But "discarded" does not count as "destroyed", and so the post-nerf Horn of Gondor is no longer an auto-include card in Rohan decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Robin!

Very interesting example too, I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.