5 Posts

The Grizzled: At Your Orders!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Final Assault / Last Stand question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doctor Dri
Spain
flag msg tools
If you get rid of all cards, but you have 4 or more hardknocks played, do you loose the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Sprite
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If at least one player has 4 or more hard knocks after support, then yes, the game is lost even if all the cards have been removed and played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. By my reading of the rules if you can expose the peace card and all players have an empty hand you win IMMEDIATELY. You do not LOSE immediately if you have 4 or more hard knocks; you lose only after support has been resolved AT THE END OF TURN and a player has 4 or more hardknocks in front of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Grollmus
United States
Liberty Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Dylan is correct and have previously confirmed this with CMoN. You still have to do the support phase, as the victory condition is checked at the end of that phase in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This just came up in our first game with the expansion today and we won after I dumped my remaining cards, taking me to 4 hard knocks with the last one. I consulted both rulebooks and saw nothing to indicate a Support check occurs after meeting the Victory condition.

From the base rules under 'Objective of the Game', page 4:

The players win the game when the Peace card is visible and they have no cards left in hand.

On page 8, the Defeat condition is triggered by a Support resolution but no mention is made of a similar resolution check for the Victory condition.

In other words, I can't find anything in the rules to indicate we played this incorrectly. Would appreciate input if there really was a Cmon ruling on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.