Subject: 4 players, 2 core sets or only 1 with proxys? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

I know that you have to get 2 core sets to play with 4 players at the table, but if I wanted to buy only 1 and make copies of the cards needed to complete the decks, would I need to print a lot?
Said differently, are there a few or a lot of cards missing in a coreset to be able to play with 4 players?

Thanks for your help! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
You need 30 cards per player, base set has about 80 level zero cards. So you need at least 40 extra.
Or get dunwich legacy when it is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will also probably run short on tokens when playing 4 players and only 1 core. But you can proxy those as well I'd imagine or steal from any other Arkham Files game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Other Arkham Files games do not have counters like these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
ralsar wrote:
You will also probably run short on tokens when playing 4 players and only 1 core. But you can proxy those as well I'd imagine or steal from any other Arkham Files game.

Proxy for tokens appear in the rules, so there can probably situations of running out of tokens even for 2 players with a single core...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this needed yet another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
kelann08 wrote:

I know, right?

Kidding, my very bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Other Arkham Files games do not have counters like these.

Damage, Sanity and Clues they absolutely do. Plus there are other tokens that can take the place for resources and whatnot. You could easily use those for proxy. Proxies are not exact recreations, just stand-ins.

Chaos tokens are the only ones that would be hard to proxy, but there is no need to proxy those so it doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back from the Arkham Nights event. You will definitely need 2 sets for 4 players unless you want to proxy a TON of cards, like half your deck and not do any real deck building to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
scottatlaw wrote:
I just got back from the Arkham Nights event. You will definitely need 2 sets for 4 players unless you want to proxy a TON of cards, like half your deck and not do any real deck building to boot.

This is what I understood from the other thread, but thanks for the confirmation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Howsare
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
kelann08 wrote:

At least this one is slightly different, and is asking a practical question rather than regurgitating the exact same arguments ad nauseam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
vlad3theimpaler wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

At least this one is slightly different, and is asking a practical question rather than regurgitating the exact same arguments ad nauseam.

This is true. But to be fair, if I had read the other thread about the 2 coresets controversy, I could have extracted the answer to my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.