Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know that the cards are mtg sized.
I'd like to sleeve them, to keep them in top condition, but will they still fit nicely into the plastic trays?

Can anyone who already has a copy give information on this?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not elegantly. The trays were designed to hold sleeved cards, but the box was too big. It hit a certain threshold where shipping would jump by 20% and players would have to pay $6-$8 more. So I made the call to keep the slots the same size but reduce their depth.

So if you want to sleeve the cards, you can. You'll just need to put half of the command cards into the empty schematics tray slot. And as you unlock schematics, store them with the dossiers?

It's not an ideal solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Not elegantly. The trays were designed to hold sleeved cards, but the box was too big. It hit a certain threshold where shipping would jump by 20% and players would have to pay $6-$8 more. So I made the call to keep the slots the same size but reduce their depth.

So if you want to sleeve the cards, you can. You'll just need to put half of the command cards into the empty schematics tray slot. And as you unlock schematics, store them with the dossiers?

Still fits in the box without chucking insert, so works for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Jones

Arkansas
msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else but I'm trying my best to avoid all spoilers to get the best experience I can when I play through. Are the cards unlocked in each mission used for that mission specifically? Or do they persist to each subsequent mission? Basically what I'm wondering is if I store the mission specific cards in the dossier will I need to unload all (including previous missions) of them to play each mission?

Thanks for all your prompt responses and support, Kades. Long time league player here and very happy to cross over my two hobbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
They carry over into future scenarios! I'm fairly sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
They carry over into future scenarios! I'm fairly sure.

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Turner
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
Roll for the Guru
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just from looking at it, you might be able to make a little tuckbox that sits under the mission dossiers (in that little valley which is there for the cards bulk anyway). Then as you go you just put the new cards unlocked into the tuckbox. Saves you from digging around the previous envelopes at least, so I'm going to try that when it gets here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sakoguru wrote:
Just from looking at it, you might be able to make a little tuckbox that sits under the mission dossiers (in that little valley which is there for the cards bulk anyway). Then as you go you just put the new cards unlocked into the tuckbox. Saves you from digging around the previous envelopes at least, so I'm going to try that when it gets here.

I'm still debating on sleeeves myself, but this is an excellent idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to note is that these are sturdy, well made cards. They aren't flimsy, like you'll find in some card based games where the publisher decided to save some money.

I've played through the whole campaign, and while everyone's tolerance for wear and tear is going to be different, unless you're someone who sleeves every game, you may very well find that you're comfortable leaving this particular game unsleeved.

Of course, if you have friends prone to casual card-abuse, you may need to sleeve to stop them from themselves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
One thing to note is that these are sturdy, well made cards. They aren't flimsy, like you'll find in some card based games where the publisher decided to save some money.

I've played through the whole campaign, and while everyone's tolerance for wear and tear is going to be different, unless you're someone who sleeves every game, you may very well find that you're comfortable leaving this particular game unsleeved.

Of course, if you have friends prone to casual card-abuse, you may need to sleeve to stop them from themselves

Still gonna sleeve mine. I have a couple of friends who are really rough with the cards and I call them out on it every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
ksaeger wrote:
chucking insert...
You should never chuck Trayz inserts! ha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Adelman

Saint Louis
Missouri
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Maybe I can come up with some supplementary Trayz that fit into the envelope spot for sleeved cards...hmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrej Medved
Slovenia
Kozina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

maybe it was written somewhere.. but what is the size of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
kompanjon83 wrote:
hi,

maybe it was written somewhere.. but what is the size of the cards?

Standard, Magic The Gathering sized cards. 63 x 88 mm (2.5 by 3.5 inches).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Jones

Arkansas
msg tools
_GameTrayz_ wrote:
Maybe I can come up with some supplementary Trayz that fit into the envelope spot for sleeved cards...hmmm.

Sign me up! I won't lie, the existence of GameTrayz for a game is a contributing factor for me to buy. Big fan here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to give a quick heads up to those interested in sleeving this game... It's very much possible to store everything inside the box, even with Ultra Pro Standard sleeves on most of the cards.

First I want to echo Rodney and say that the quality of these cards are top notch so sleeves certainly aren't required. But if you're like me though and want to preserve the game from all forms of grubby handed friends...it might be useful to know how it all fits

Anyway, as Chris mentioned above the existing trays for cards are wide enough to accommodate for the thickness of sleeves (thank you!), so you can have all the Command cards fill those slots, and the rest of the cards bagged up and stored inside of the "DO NOT OPEN" box. You'll need to remove the small insert inside that box and re-position the contents a bit, but if you do you can comfortably store the remaining cards.

Obviously, I think you should DEFINITELY wait to open this box until instructed by the game, but I just wanted to make mention that it will work quite well while once it's opened to keep things neat and organized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leon lai
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anybody have a card count so I can buy the sleeves in advance? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 191 cards in the game. The full card counts are printed on the back of the box and are as follows...

96 Command Cards
55 Damage Cards
40 Schematic Cards

Note that some of the cards will not be immediately available to you as they are contained in the scenario envelops and you will unlock them as you progress.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
There are 191 cards in the game. The full card counts are printed on the back of the box and are as follows...

96 Command Cards
55 Damage Cards
40 Schematic Cards

Note that some of the cards will not be immediately available to you as they are contained in the scenario envelops and you will unlock them as you progress.

Hope that helps!

Does this include...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The cards in the boss box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
mattamd wrote:

96 Command Cards
55 Damage Cards
40 Schematic Cards

Hope that helps!

Does this include...

The cards in the boss box?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.