Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
53 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Which games should I get rid off / auction off? You decide, I discard! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I gots me too many games. 166. Or so. (It's hard to keep track.) I'm worried I'm turning into (Pete). So look down my list and tell me what has to go. I'll accept the votes of BGG community.* It'd be nice if you told me WHY I should get rid of them too.





*Unless they tell me to get rid of a game I like because I mean are you serious?!? Agricola will be dragged out of my cold dead hands! No, I am not auctioning off Sekigahara or Blue Moon either! Jesus, some people.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the direct link to the games "on the block"... (just helping folks get to your list, skutsch!)

https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/skutsch?own=1&subt...

I vote for Munchkin, which is a series that requires "a certain group" and particular sense of humor... and doesn't work enough of the time.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coup is excellent. Coup Rebellion is awful.
Diplomacy. I am a hater on that. The worst gaming experiences I've ever had were while giving that game every chance.
Main reason was watching others drop out in fury only to have their neighbors sweep up their unsupported supply centers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel Roll for the Galaxy and Race for the Galaxy scratch the same itch then one could go.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nippon

I found it to be boring and forgettable.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I like things arnmod
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you rate it six or lower, check if you have a good reason to keep it,(namely one involving living people,) otherwise get rid of it.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sekigahara, Agricola and Polis.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If there ever was a time for a Poll....
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit - just not good
Capitals, Yedo, ZhanGuo - Good but hard to get to the table, probably not worth championing over new hot games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Barbarossa, Lords of Vegas, Pixel Tactidcs, Summoner Wars Alliances.

Because I want them at a steal.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil McIntyre
United Kingdom
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Ah man, if you weren't in the states I'd be all over this...!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomacy, Quoridor, En Garde!, Tsuro, Munchkin.

Sorry for the obvious pick but you rate them all 5 or lower and to my taste at least you have otherwise a really nice collection.

I'd throw Splendor and Istanbul to the lions as you seem to like something a bit more thinky in that department, but in your comment you have a use for them for playing with non-gamers/gamers who like lighter games...

If you really must make space:

Yomi because you have BattleCon.

Madeira because it's too weighty a game if you only rate it 6 (unless you've only played it once).

Race for the Galaxy as you like the simpler San Juan, you have Puerto Rico if you want a fuller game, and you have Roll.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels - You give it a 6; there's a new edition coming out anyway if you decide you want it back later on down the road.

Dixit - You give it a 6; it's a party game and you already have Dixit Odyssey which accommodates more players.

Hannibel: Rome vs. Carthage - You say you haven't played it any many years and wouldn't rate it so highly anymore.

Tsuro - Rated 5.

Space Hulk (Third Edition) - You give it a 6.5 and it's highly sought after; pass it along to somebody who'll like it more.

Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Detective - You've probably already finished the cases, if not then do so and send it along.

San Juan (second edition) - Nobody will play it with you.

Caverna - You have and prefer Agricola.

Roll/Race for the Galaxy - Choose one.

Shogi/Xiangqi - Same family and you rate each a 6. Choose one.

Terraforming Mars/ Summoner Wars: Master Set/ Dominant Species/ Robinson Crusoe/ Puzzle Strike (third edition) / Mission Red Planet (second edition)/ Euphoria/ Discworld / Arcadia Quest/ Alien Frontiers - You have them and I want them.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Android: Netrunner is an easy pick. You have no one in your group that plays it. You aren't going to play it regularly or play in tournaments. Very easy game to get rid of.

I'm in the same boat, actually. Although I've not even played it yet...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor03 wrote:
Android: Netrunner is an easy pick. You have no one in your group that plays it. You aren't going to play it regularly or play in tournaments. Very easy game to get rid of.

I'm in the same boat, actually. Although I've not even played it yet...

Good point. Another reason to get rid of Android is that as an LCG, the core set is always going to be available and quite cheap, so you shouldn't have much trouble replacing it if you change your mind.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prop Joe wrote:
Sekigahara, Agricola and Polis.
Someone's been paying attention. laugh

Pete (applauds)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you get your pants on OK in the mornings without seeking counsel? How about your shirt and shoes? I haven't seen you start threads asking for advice on those subjects yet, and it's clear you need a lot of input before undertaking very basic tasks.

Makes me wonder if you manage to pick something to wear all by yourself or just sit buck naked at your keyboard all day typing out new thread titles. devil
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Prop Joe wrote:
Sekigahara, Agricola and Polis.
Someone's been paying attention. laugh

Pete (applauds)


Think of the money he'll get for them!

But really, I just think he's in better position to decide than we are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
- Barbarossa, Cuba Libre, Dungeon Lords, Epic Card Game, Julius Caesar, Liberté, Mage Knight Board Game, Pax Pamir, Pax Porfiriana, Paths of Glory, Puzzle Strike (Third Edition), Railways of the World, The Resistance, Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization, Troyes, War of the Ring: Battles of the Third Age, Yedo, - unplayed, and probably won't ever be.
- Catan - because Concordia
- Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage - unlikely to be played again
- Munchkin, Tsuro - because you don't like them
- San Juan - because San Juan (second edition)
- Race for the Galaxy - because Roll for the Galaxy, which you like better
- Stronghold - because Stronghold (2nd edition)
- Twilight Struggle - because you're done with it
- Yomi - because Yomi (second edition)

That would be a first pass
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
People are (mostly) offering some helpful insights, thanks!

Prop Joe wrote:
Sekigahara, Agricola and Polis.


Um, yeah, I could do that. It would save on clothing costs too cuz I'd just spend all my time curled up naked in ball in my living room, crying.

Sphere wrote:
Can you get your pants on OK in the mornings without seeking counsel? How about your shirt and shoes? I haven't seen you start threads asking for advice on those subjects yet, and it's clear you need a lot of input before undertaking very basic tasks.

Makes me wonder if you manage to pick something to wear all by yourself or just sit buck naked at your keyboard all day typing out new thread titles. devil

Watch it buddy. Keep up those snarky comments and I'll be uploading pictures of me at my keyboard, full bare meeple.

For everyone else, you know, the helpful people, this is useful (for me). It's hard to look at your collection with unbiased eyes. I appreciate the thoughts. Obviously I'm not going to follow all of the suggestions (they're my babies!) but if I even dump 10 games that'll free up some space in my not big enough apartment.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A3RKev wrote:
Coup is excellent. Coup Rebellion is awful.
Diplomacy. I am a hater on that. The worst gaming experiences I've ever had were while giving that game every chance.
Main reason was watching others drop out in fury only to have their neighbors sweep up their unsupported supply centers.

I haven't played Rebellion yet but doesn't contain Coup within its decks?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage because me wants it! cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Food Chain Magnate - ditch it before the novelty dies.
Above and Below - the story telling aspect will get stale with familiarity.
Caverna: The Cave Farmers - when will you seriously play this over Agricola?
Eclipse - not the epic space opera everyone secretly wants
Race for the Galaxy - boring MPS game, and with Puerto Rico (see the good one) and San Juan, why bother?
Roll for the Galaxy - as above, but with DICE!
Le Havre - novel, but the shine came off quickly I found, no candle to hold against Agricola.
Pandemic - a coop, I'm ashamed Carl, truly (and a poor game with terrible AI at that).
Splendor - yawn, le super overpriced basic math problem. I won my only game against some people who play it, never bothered further. Drying than week old bread sitting on the counter.
Citadels - not bad, if you play with diplomat not warlord, but can be severely not fun for some people who get constantly dinged.
Shakespeare - dunno what this is, can probably be not kept.
Stronghold - keeping both 1E and 2E?
Munchkin - do you really need an explanation?
Nippon a dull optimization game where the area control feels almost tacked on so much is it an afterthought.
Coup - is this worth keeping with g54? isn't that just the same but more?
Panamax - game feels like you are on rails, the dice really decide everything for you.
Yomi - again 1E and 2E both?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously San Juan, because you have the second edition too.

After that, it seems you rated Munchkin the lowest, so....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
Food Chain Magnate - ditch it before the novelty dies.
Above and Below - the story telling aspect will get stale with familiarity.
Caverna: The Cave Farmers - when will you seriously play this over Agricola?
Eclipse - not the epic space opera everyone secretly wants
Race for the Galaxy - boring MPS game, and with Puerto Rico (see the good one) and San Juan, why bother?
Roll for the Galaxy - as above, but with DICE!
Le Havre - novel, but the shine came off quickly I found, no candle to hold against Agricola.
Pandemic - a coop, I'm ashamed Carl, truly (and a poor game with terrible AI at that).
Splendor - yawn, le super overpriced basic math problem. I won my only game against some people who play it, never bothered further. Drying than week old bread sitting on the counter.
Citadels - not bad, if you play with diplomat not warlord, but can be severely not fun for some people who get constantly dinged.
Shakespeare - dunno what this is, can probably be not kept.
Stronghold - keeping both 1E and 2E?
Munchkin - do you really need an explanation?
Nippon a dull optimization game where the area control feels almost tacked on so much is it an afterthought.
Coup - is this worth keeping with g54? isn't that just the same but more?
Panamax - game feels like you are on rails, the dice really decide everything for you.
Yomi - again 1E and 2E both?

FCM, never!
Above and Below, maybe, it's so charming!
Caverna, yeah, I've been thinking about it.
Eclipse, but but
Race, yeah, maybe, but it's small
Roll, yeah, well, maybe
Le Havre, yes, that one is going.
Pandemic, it's for the friends
Splendor, for the non gamers
Citadels, small, and plays so many
Shakespeare, people keep saying it's great, I keep wondering what I'm missing
Stronghold, well 1e is just a mess in the kid's room, so it's not really mine
Munchkin, kid's room again
Nippon, really? Hmmmm.
Panamax, really? Hmmmm.
Yomi, yeah, dumping 1e
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.