Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested in this kind of thing...

i have started work on a custom scenario which uses the Tentacle pieces. It is very much a rough, untested draft at this point, but it's due to hit the testing table in the next 24 hours or so.

The premise is that The Tigress (Bêlit's ship) is under attack by a Kraken, which is using its tentacles to try to tear the ship apart. The crew must sever enough of them before they do too much damage and sink the ship.

It's in this public Google Drive folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-LwmfRxDIPvRW1TRUZHRWhJeG...

As of this writing it is a rough, untested draft, but enough of it is there to give readers a feel for where it's going. It's not yet clear whether its mechanics really make for an interesting scenario or not. It might be necessary (or interesting) to add, e.g., enemy pirates, a demon, maybe a necromancer who's controlling the Kraken, or replace the Kraken with Thaug (aboard the neighboring derelict ship).

There's neither a guaranty nor an implied obligation on my part that this will be developed to a "complete" and "ready-to-play" state - it is an experiment. i offer it up solely for the interest of others who like to hack on their games.

Constructive feedback is of course welcomed: the ability to add comments directly to the GDoc has been enabled. It will be disabled if it's abused (or overrun by bots). Until then, however, feel free to comment directly in the doc and/or here.

Players who would like to actively help edit/expand the scenario (or collaborate on others) should PM me their Google Mail address, and i will set them up with Editor access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Riverol
Spain
La Laguna
Tenerife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems fun. Is going to be limited by a fixed number of rounds or for damage to the ship with dice rolling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoRiGo wrote:
Seems fun. Is going to be limited by a fixed number of rounds or for damage to the ship with dice rolling?

Probably not a turn limit, but rather ship damage being the pseudo-counter. Damage to the ship is currently handled like damage to a boss unit. The ship has X hull points and (currently) 1 armor, and each successful attack (>1 successes, counting the armor value) deals damage as if the ship were a boss unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.