Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Deadly Feds and Doms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laerik Funkinstein
msg tools
Effectively used this build in a standard 130 point ship-faction pure run the other night. There are some obvious synergies, but I'm wondering if the Flyer is still a little weak. I'd like to keep Seven because I've only used her once and like her potential. At the core, I want to have ships that can outmaneuver most fleets, and can out gun with simple weapons choices. Any thoughts on the deadliness of this build?

U.S.S. Voyager (30)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Mr. Spock (5)
Pavel Chekov (3)
Total (49)

Delta Flyer (20)
William T. Riker (4)
Hikaru Sulu (3)
Seven of Nine (5)
Unimatrix Shielding (5)
Upgraded Phasers (3)
Total (40)

1st Wave Attack Fighters (24)
Aft Disruptor Wave Cannons (5)
Galor Class Phaser Banks (7)
Support Ship (4)
Total (40)

Fleet total: 129

Generated by Space Dock for Android
http://spacedockapp.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the delta flyer considered a shuttle? I can't remember. I'd it is, the fleet isn't legal by the standard substrates fleet build as you can only have one shuttle or fighter per carrier ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laerik Funkinstein
msg tools
Good point! D'oh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt I
msg tools
mbmbmb
Switch the delta flyer out the NX-01 and use systems upgrade to get your tech slot. Points should be just about similar with similar maneuverability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Maybe even a bit cheaper, with a free EHP as well...
Enterprise NX-01 [16]
- William T. Riker 7 (Captain) [4]
- Upgraded Phasers [3]
- Systems Upgrade [2]
- - Unimatrix Shielding [5]
- Seven of Nine [5]
- Hikaru Sulu [3]
- Enhanced Hull Plating [0]
Ship Total: 38 SP

Fleet Total: 38 SP

Generated by Utopia
http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/

I took a guess as to which Riker, but point wise, it shouldn't matter.

Comparatively, the Delta Flyer(which is a shuttle) has 3 more shields, 1 more attack, 1 less hull, and one less Evasion than the NX-Enterprise. It can also turn around a bit faster, but lacks some higher speed maneuvers the NX-01 has.

If You are willing to take a -1 to the captain skill, Erik Pressman as admiral for 2 points would not be a terrible add, and it brings the totals to the same point. It would make use of that free EHP while you still have shields, anyway.

Admiral Hayes, for 3 points(bringing your total to the even 130) would also be a good choice. +1 Captain skill, and makes nearby ships better as an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.