Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions, should they be, and what could they be?

Okay, gameplay is tight, and the game doesn't really need any expansions. If you want more complexity, just go and play reg-Agric, right!?

But then again, some people might be introduced to Agricola via this game, and want to get more involved without replacing their game, but rather adding to it.

So how could you do an expansion, and what could be added to the game without ruining the tightnes...?

Personally I bought the family version to play with my 7 year old daughter, and while it's great for us now, I would like for the game to be able to grow a bit with her/us.

Could the game have one or two more improvements? Might it be possible to add in a handful of occupations? Not nescessarily as cards on hand, but as a new type of tiles, visible for all to see.
It would be easy enough to add to the game by replacing the1-4 player extension boards with ones with new options, even adding in new wooden items. (a combination of new actions, new improvements and new items might be a way to throw some vegetables into the mix).

Would there be a market for something like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd already been thinking about this and while I don't see any need for it, you could place a SP/MI tile over the SP space and a TP/Occ tile over the Fishing space and then add in a random mix of Occ tiles (like in ACBaS). Each expansion could then be two cardboard punchouts, one of 10 Occs and one of 10 MIs. Cheap, minimum changes to base game and relatively easy to playtest for balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why they would ever make expansions for this. It cannibalizes full Agricola too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bunyan
msg tools
mbmbmb
It might be nice to see some (a few) cards to pass out in the beginning to randomize the game (like jobs, improvements, etc.) but I'm not sure if it needs it. I think it would be a nice lead in to full Agricola to have some of those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.