Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can one cancel the effects of the swamp card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis _
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yesterday, we had a fantastic first Inis match - including me nearly winning when I pretended fulfilling one victory condition and two other players behind me already passed. The last player remaining did not pass but played his Swamp card instead.

I don't know the name of the Epic Tale Card any more, but I owned one allowing me to cancel effects from red or yellow cards after those have been played. My guess was that cancelling the swamp effect would have turned his move into a regular pass and me into the winner.

Other thoughts were that he would have had to play a different season card after his yellow and my red card or that my intervention had no effect at all.

Which is true?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
He didn't pass. You zaped his action, but he still acted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Felipe is correct.
Actually you do not cancel the playing of the card, it is just played with no effect. Which in the case of the Swamp means it doesn't change anything!

Glad to hear your game was fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.