Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myles Carey

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
Bots obey base game rules.
So in VC Rally 8.5.2. Bullet 4:

"next, place VC guerrillas wherever there is already a VC base and fewer than 4 underground VC guerrillas."

does VC place guerrillas up to bases + population even if that exceeds 4 underground guerrillas in the space after placement ?

Ex : 1 base, 3 underground guerrillas, 2 population.
Does VC place 3 more underground guerrillas ending up with 6?

Side question : VC rally Playersid says "up to population plus VC Bases"

Why plural on VC Bases? Rules 3.3.1. Procedure talks about doing something else if faction already has a base, does'nt that mean VC never can have 2 bases in a space - making the plural in the player aid a typo?

Thanks,
Myles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seanmyles wrote:
Why plural on VC Bases? Rules 3.3.1. Procedure talks about doing something else if faction already has a base, does'nt that mean VC never can have 2 bases in a space - making the plural in the player aid a typo?

3.3.1 wrote:
If the space already has at least 1
of that Faction’s Bases, the Faction may instead:

"may instead" does not imply "must instead".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Carey

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
Thanks Russ ! - I have to learn to read and pay attention to words a bit more closely with COIN rules.

As for the 4th bullet question - I am rationalizing the selection of spaces (base with < 4 underground guerrillas) is independent from the Rally action performed on the spaces once it is selected. Hence I think my example of adding 3 guerrillas (base + population) ending up with 6 guerrillas is correct, but I am not 100% certain on that.

In my VC Rally if I follow-thru with this thinking I will end up deploying about 10-12 guerrillas in the last 4 spaces of the 1-6 space VC Bot rally.

- Myles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seanmyles wrote:

"next, place VC guerrillas wherever there is already a VC base and fewer than 4 underground VC guerrillas."

does VC place guerrillas up to bases + population even if that exceeds 4 underground guerrillas in the space after placement ?

Ex : 1 base, 3 underground guerrillas, 2 population.
Does VC place 3 more underground guerrillas ending up with 6?

Sure, why not? The requirement that there currently be fewer than 4 in order to choose to do this bot action does not imply any requirement that there should still be fewer than 4 after doing the bot action.

(In particular, it would be pretty silly in the case of 3 underground VC guerrillas: place more, but not so that there would be 4 or more? I.e. do nothing?)

Just like some if some rule says "in a space with no base, build a base" you surely wouldn't wonder "should I actually put a base, even though that means the space would have a base?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seanmyles wrote:

does VC place guerrillas up to bases + population even if that exceeds 4 yunderground guerrillas in the space after placement ?

Yes.

The bullet doesn't say "place Guerrillas up to 4"; it says to place new Guerrillas at those Bases that don't already have 4", without specifying any exact number. That means falling back on the default "unless otherwise specified" rules in 8.1.1-8.1.2, which in this case basically say "place as many Guerrillas as you can".

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.