3 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: Completed with 6 epidemics in with a bit of a story behind it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So last weekend, we were casually playing, we have been playing this for about 2-3 months now(i'm new to board games) and it dawned on us that this game is pretty near impossible if you play with 6 cards in.

I spoke to a seasoned gamer who told me completing it with 6 cards was 'impossible', he'd been playing it for years with no success and had dropped down to 5 so it was more enjoyable

And then it happened......

We managed to eradicate 2 of the diseases and had 2 city cards left when we completed the game

On the back of his advice, i decided to tell my family(who i play with), that if we ever did complete it(haha) i would allow them all to pick one destination in the world, put it in a bag, and we could go there on holiday

Safe to say, this is going to end up pricey, one of them has decided Atlanta would be perfect, the others are picking Disney and stuff like that....

The only problem is, i don't actually want to play the game anymore, it almost seems like we have won

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Hence the birth of the expansion.
Try In the Lab. It adds some complexity to the cure process that may extend its life a little.
(or are you just afraid you may have to pay for another trip )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 Epidemics is doable, if you've got luck on your side and a good team

The Emergency Events from the State of Emergency expansion adds just a tiny amount to the ruleset, but a lot of difficulty to the game. Just to make things tricky for ourselves, we have tried the game with 6 Epidemics and 6 Emergency Events. And we failed, many many times, but eventually (only twice so far) have managed to very narrowly win...

So if you want a bit of a challenge, that's one that doesn't complicate the rules much, but does make it harder to win!

Then again, as tanik recommends, In the Lab (the Lab Challenge) is a brilliant expansion that ups the difficulty and the theme, but it does add more complexity to the rules too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.