GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,080 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

The Daedalus Sentence» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing a Minotaur rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool game so far, but I do have a question.

On the Theseus board, I have a minotaur card, so I draw a card from the draw deck to determine where this minotaur goes.

I draw a white card.

The manual says
"If it is a White Rotation Card place a Minotaur on each ring using the same method to determine the placement location for each ring."

My question is what does "using the same method to determine the placement location for each ring" actually mean?

Does that mean that I draw a card for the blue ring and then use that card to determine where on the blue ring it goes? Then repeat for the other rings?

Or, something else?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I understood it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I understand it as well
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided that drawing a white card I will place a new minotaur on each ring and place it on sector based on color of the cells and ring. So, blue ring gets the blue sector. Red ring, the red cell sector, etc.
Seems to work. No need to draw extra cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheJoat wrote:
I've decided that drawing a white card I will place a new minotaur on each ring and place it on sector based on color of the cells and ring. So, blue ring gets the blue sector. Red ring, the red cell sector, etc.
Seems to work. No need to draw extra cards.


Isn't that how you normally do it? Draw a green card put the minotaur in the green ring across from the green cell?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
TheJoat wrote:
I've decided that drawing a white card I will place a new minotaur on each ring and place it on sector based on color of the cells and ring. So, blue ring gets the blue sector. Red ring, the red cell sector, etc.
Seems to work. No need to draw extra cards.


Isn't that how you normally do it? Draw a green card put the minotaur in the green ring across from the green cell?


Exactly right. But, I'm thinking that when you draw the white card, you just automatically place on minotaur in each ring and don't draw the extra cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Pricklefish
msg tools
designer
Designer here:

When drawing a White card, you place a Minotaur in each ring (blue, red, yellow, green) on its standard spawning place.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I had that one wrong. Once you know the rule it seems obvious, but had I realized that during the campaign, I would've tried to come up with different wording to propose.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brokkel wrote:
Designer here:

When drawing a White card, you place a Minotaur in each ring (blue, red, yellow, green) on its standard spawning place.

Thanks Ian. That's how I ended up playing it.
I'm hoping that I can get to the point where those difficulty enhancers are needed; my guy keeps getting captured! But, I find it a fun game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.