Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a question for those lucky souls at Arkham Nights: Were you able to play through the entire Night of the Zealot campaign? And if so, how long did it take you?

I never really played LotR, so I'm not sure if the core-set campaign will be a 3 night thing or a 1 night thing or what. So rough estimates would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do all 3 in one night easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
You can do all 3 in one night easily.

How does the playtime vary with more people?

Would you expect double the time for 4 players vs 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yup. You could do it all in one night.

However, there are variations of encounters, enemies and even several location variants every time and the character (1/2 of 5) you are playing will have a big impact on how you play the game.

Plus there are 4 levels of difficulty as well. Optional objectives in each scenario and so forth. It's not something one shot like TIME Stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Yup. You could do it all in one night.

However, there are variations of encounters, enemies and even several location variants every time and the character (1/2 of 5) you are playing will have a big impact on how you play the game.

Plus there are 4 levels of difficulty as well. Optional objectives in each scenario and so forth. It's not something one shot like TIME Stories.

Just got back from AK. If you run a solo campaign or one with 2 players, you could possibly finish a campaign run (3 sceneries) in as little as 6 or 7 hours (this is a bit padded due to time it takes to learn the game) plus maybe another hour total for leveling and deck building, but then you'd only see some of the story unfold and experience less then half of the characters (who all play out very differently). The bonus scenario we got at the event is a bit longer and tougher then what comes in the base box. You can also do campaign runs trying to optimize the starter decks OR try to do runs with your own customized decks.

There is a ton of content here (it may have fired Lord of the Rings and Warhammer Quest for me) and is only going to blow up in coming months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Just makes me sad that Warhammer quest wasn't an LCG and now vapourware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a four player complete campaign today. If you take out our breaks you're still looking at easily 4.5/5 hours to complete it. Your time may vary depending on how long you take to upgrade cards, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is significantly longer with more players. My wife and I averaged 45 minutes per scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.