BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Miniature combat boardgame for +2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently considering Level 7 omega protocol or the upcoming Doom 2016 boardgame.

I want the game to have minis, combat and +2 players (no GW games, I already own enough GW minis).

Should I get one of the two listed above? Which one? or some game that I have missed similar to the ones mentioned?

(Imperial Assault, Forbidden Stars and Gears of War are off the list of possibilities. IA would replace Descent, FS I own and GoW I have previously owned)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it have to be sci fi?

If you're into Fantasy genre, you could try Zombicide: Black Plague, or if you can wait a few months, I think Conan will fit the bill perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:
Does it have to be sci fi?

If you're into Fantasy genre, you could try Zombicide: Black Plague, or if you can wait a few months, I think Conan will fit the bill perfectly.

Not Necessarily, Conan is something I had not heard of, thanks for the tip! I actually owned 1st and 2nd season of zombicide and have sold them just a few days ago, forgot that they even fit the description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by combat, player vs player or just any dice rolling combat?

You could look into The Others, it's a 1 vs many game where one player plays a sin and the others play heroes trying to accomplish various goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also thinking about Conan, when I read your post.

However, it is not all about combat, even though, combat is happening a lot in the game. It is a scenario driven game, but not a campaign game. Each scenario stands for itself.

One thing that is very positive about Conan, the "Overlord" has very interesting decisions to make and plays very actively. It seems to be a role that can be much fun to play. Normally, in these games (One vs Many), the "One" role is often a bit less fun than being part of the "Many". I do not think that is the case here.

Others, that might be interesting...

Blood Rage
Cry Havoc

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Fireteam Zero fit the bill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:

Others, that might be interesting...

Blood Rage
Cry Havoc

One should mention that since you asked for 2+, two player is not the best player count for Blood Rage.
I guess if you are ok with the game beeing weaker witch 2 but awesome with more you could also check out Arcadia Quest if you like the artstyle etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.