Subject: Live Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Delwood

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Live phase, we're told to repeat this several times. In a three player game, does that mean that players 1 and 2 play, and then have a Mature phase (because you'll have two cards left). That means next turn, 3 and 1 play before the Mature phase?

In the same way, in a six player game, players 1, 2, 3, and 4 play, have a mature phase, and the 5, 6, 1, and 2 play and so on?

Is that the correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert,

Not quite. All players play in each Live phase (in that they select cards during the Pray action). The Elder staff passes at the end of each Grow action. All players mature after the end of the designated number of Live phases. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Respectfully,
Patrick Lysaght
President, Chara Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Delwood

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, that doesn't help.

You're saying that Player 1 (let's say the Elder among three players), 1) draws a Trial card, 2) all players draw two Pray cards, 3) all players show their pray cards and the Elder picks two, 4) the Elder makes two moves, and each player gets to make a move, 5) all cities grow?

Then the Elder staff passes, and all that is repeated?

If that's not correct, could you walk me through a three player turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That is correct. The next live phase will have Player 2 as the Elder. They will pass the Elder staff to Player 3 in the Grow action. At this point, all players Mature (buy new cards into their Faith decks). Then they Arm (draw a new hand) and begin the next Live phase with Player 3 as the Elder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeattleMetroGamer wrote:
4) the Elder makes two moves, and each player gets to make a move

Well, I guess I'm confused then. I just re-read the Move section and I wasn't able spot a reference in the rules or the Move example that says that each player gets a single move action after the Elder completes his 2 moves.

Could someone point me to the correct section or is it just implied?

We played our first game tonight and played it that each pass of the Move phase, the current Elder was the only one moving things around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy, it looks like Patrick may have inadvertently missed that clarification. His focus on his response was on the passing of the elder token. You are correct, during the Move phase, the Elder is responsible for the movement of the pieces, but the 2 moves are shared among the team. There isn't a separate 'Player move'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.