Subject: Deck setup for Awakening scenario? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be a really dumb question, but I'd rather look dumb and know the right answer. I just got this today. How do you set up the deck for the main Awakening scenario? I don't really see anywhere in the rules that explicitly answers this. I may have missed it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shields
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, to set up the deck you simply shuffle all the cards together into a single draw deck. See 3.2 in the rules, which walks you through game set-up: "Remove any cards that are specified in the scenario, then shuffle the remainder to create a face-down Draw deck." And you'll note the scenario states "Removed cards: None."

If a scenario wants you to manipulate the baseline shuffled deck of all cards, by removing or stacking the deck by ordering certain cards (such as the Arab Spring scenario), it'll have specific instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By "all cards," do you mean all of the expansion cards only? That's actually my main source of confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shields
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottland wrote:
By "all cards," do you mean all of the expansion cards only? That's actually my main source of confusion.
For Awakening, just the expansion cards. The Campaign Game has a structure that will include the original deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought so. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.