Subject: Moving/Attacking with Shadow Factions with Army rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Under the special rules for each Shadow faction, it states that if they are with a Shadow army they can "move and attack with that Army". Does this mean exactly that: that faction figures can move and attack with Shadow army units when the Shadow army moves/attacks through the use of a normal Action die?

Some of the text of certain Faction cards and Call to Battle cards is leaving me confused on this point as they allude to the fact that only through certain Event cards can faction units add their strength to an army attack.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
They move with it, and are part of the combat in so far as they allow for the use of Call to Battle cards.

In general they do not add to the combat strength, nor can they be taken as casualties. However some faction event cards and Call to Battle cards allow them to do so.

For example if the faction event card 'Huge and Horrible' is in play, Spiders add to the combat strength of the army in rounds where you play their call to battle card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
My princess is not in another castle.
mb
My thoughts, I really have no idea if I'm correct:

When the Hillmen or Spiders are with a Shadow Army they are part of that Army. If the SP uses a Move action or an Attack action with that army, then the Hillmen / Spiders will be included in that action, unlike the Dead Men, Ents, Eagles, and Corsairs.

Also, if all of the regular units in that army are eliminated, the Hillmen / Spiders are automatically eliminated, again unlike the Dead Men, Ents, Eagles, and Corsairs.

For them to participate in a combat you have to use an Event card or Call to Battle card. Otherwise they're just along for the ride.

edit: ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! After playing it out a few turns it started to make sense. I wish the rules were more clearly worded, but we got it figured out.

Thanks for your clarifications!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.