$30.00
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, y'all.

Have any of you replaced the cardboard shards with something like the plastic gems you might find in a fish tank or a centerpiece or something like that from a craft store?

I thought it might be a neat idea, but I figured I'd check in with you first if somebody's done the leg work already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I bought some of those nice plastic gems, in six different colours.

I don't recall from where I got them, though. Which I think is the information you were seeking to obtain, yes?

But, I have a vague recollection of seeing some similar ones in the BGG store (that may even have been from where I got mine)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I use the plastic-red energy units from Quadropolis, the old ones which have cracks in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiddlywinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I replaced them with the plastic crystals from Mage Knight. I traded Mage Knight away, however, and those crystals went with it. As a result, Legendary inherited the beads I'd purchased for Mage Knight:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Ooh, you know what I might do. Maybe I'll pick up some nice d10s or something in the colors of the gems. That'd look nice and be easy to keep track of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Mini poker chips

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I replaced mine with FFG red gaming tokens. We sometime use them to remember what a masterminds latest attack value is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I found plastic gems at a dollar store. I got three different colors and use them as counters for various things, especially attack and recruit towards the end of the game.

I also use them as counters for things like how many of [X] cards are in the KO, Victory, or Escape pile.

Dice work well too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Great ideas. Thanks.

I will try to hit up the dollar store later and see what they've got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Eberly
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
https://www.amazon.com/FUNLAVIE-Multi-Colored-Diamonds-Decor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two tubes of those glass disk tokens from Chessex. Or you could go to Michaels and grab some for craft projects for cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Aragorn421 wrote:

Oh, man. These are exactly what I'm looking for.

They look just like broken up gems of some kind, and different colors, so that's fun.

They're very similar to the diamonds from Diamonsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Ha! And the reviews are great. Who's gonna give little plastic gems a negative review.

Like they were going to be real diamonds or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Aragorn421 wrote:

They look just like broken up gems of some kind, and different colors, so that's fun.

This is what I got.

And, as I thought, they are available in the BGG store. Fairly sure now that that's where I got mine from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Aragorn421 wrote:

Be warned though....pay attention to the size. I ordered some and returned them because they are quite large!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Good point. The review I saw said something about being the size of blueberries, so those ones sound perfect for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the size, then that's good. That's what I was expecting. I may have gotten something that was similar, but not these same ones. The one's I ordered were actually twice that, about 1"x3/4" which were just too large for my taste. Let us know what you think when they come in! If these are actually blueberry sized, I'll have to place an order myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.