Subject: Bouvignes Bridgehead cliffs question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott West
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
I was playing this scenario today and had a question regarding the cliffs.

Is it correct that armor units cannot scale the cliffs directly from the East? In other words, only from the side or behind?

I checked the FAQ, but it seems slightly ambiguous. We played as if the cliffs in front were impassable to armor.

Incidentally, I had taking the west hex of Dinant early on the game, but I was able to only build one pontoon bridge. I built the bridge in the hex covering both the center and left (German) section. However, in hindsight with the cliffs, if impassable in front to armor, it seems to be a better option to build a pontoon bridge over the river hex near Dinant and count on getting left section cards to push the armor into the rear of the French.

I ended up as the Germans losing to my daughter 6-2. Very, very embarrassing.

Also, if the allies retake the west hex of Dinant does that prevent the Germans from building further pontoon bridges until the Germans can regain the town?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say you are correct and that armor/artillery can not scale cliffs. Since the east side of those hills (from the river) are cliffs armor can't go up there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottWest8272 wrote:
Also, if the allies retake the west hex of Dinant does that prevent the Germans from building further pontoon bridges until the Germans can regain the town?

I am not sure. The (original) French doesn't make it certain for me either. I think you have to keep the hex occupied to build bridges, but that could be wrong. You could contact jdrommel and ask, I've done so in the past for other scenarios he designed if something was unclear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.