Subject: basic rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Hallo,

after reading the rules, I am a bit confused. I don't understand the basic concept. I guess this game is not cooperative?
So there is some kind of goal on each chapter card, so if you do not reach this you cannot win the game?
Then on the back of each chapter card some preparations for the next chapter are described, so do you keep anything from the previous chapter for the next one or do you start from scratch?

Thanks for your help,
Sarah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Fleming
Germany
Paderborn
Northrhine-Westfalia
flag msg tools
You play the game as you do with the base game. Everything else is mostly managed by the event cards. The setup card for each chapter tells you how to construct the event-deck. The number of rounds is no longer determined by when the first player builds his 8th building but by the number of event-cards in the deck (every round a new one is revealed until you reach the game end-card and play a final round). The event cards tell you which buildings you add to the display among the helpers and which cards to add to the deck.
For the end of the game, the chapter card tells you what you have to give up in order to avoid the negative points (for the multiplayer game) or in order to pass on to the next chapter (in the solo game). I think that in the multiplayer game you go on to the next chapter even if you do not accomplish to give up everything that is demanded on the chapter cards.
All the cards that the previous chapters tell you to shuffle into the main deck are taken over to the next chapter.
I hope this helps, we had some trouble with the rules at first as well but this is what we made of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly explained, Tobias!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.