Hide
7 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk» Forums » General

Subject: Question about the roof. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Petrou
msg tools
I'm confused on how the roof works. Before the game I place the roof landing on the game table. So can someone immediately go up to the upper landing and onto the roof? Or does it work like the basement where they have to discover a way to get up there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it that you have to find a path to it from the upper floor.

Or I suppose the mystic elevator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Petrou
msg tools
A path? Can you elaborate a little? For example, do you have to uncover a certain room like the widows walk to get to the roof landing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Goodwin
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
the way I read the rules is that it counts as a landing like the upper floor. What i seeis on the upper floor landing there is like a pull down stairs to get to your attic, so its always there. Just remember while on the roof you can use roof and upper tiles so its not really its own floor just kind of upper floor 2.0.

so yes, i think it goes on the table for anyone to go to even on turn 1.

Thanks
Chuck G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
It doesn't have a symbol on the back denoting it as a room that has a specific area it has to go, like the Stairs to the Basement, so yeah, it works just like any other landing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wait, so you can just go to it immediately from the Upper Landing? I think we played it so that we had to find the spiral staircase to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
The roof landing is connected to the upper landing. You can move from one to the other for one space of movement.

You can also get to it using the dumbwaiter mechanic, from any room on the upper floor with a dumbwaiter symbol for 2 spaces of movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.