jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These emails are delightful, just the best ! It's hard to think that anyone but wikileaks will win every journalism award for this year. It really has been the year of sunlighted information.

1,2,4 and 6 seem the most damaging to anyone outside the ostrich brigade. 9 is just a little icing on the cake and may explain why she like how Trumps children turned out. 10 is just a wtf type moment.

https://www.rt.com/usa/362590-podesta-emails-wikileaks-clint...

1. Attitude towards ‘everyday Americans’

2. ‘Cultivating’ certain media

3. Clinton knew ISIS received support from US allies Saudi Arabia and Qatar

4. Most Clinton Foundation donors are not American

5. New DNC chair was the ‘mole’ leaking Bernie Sanders doc

6. Policy-making and ‘backroom deals’ should be concealed from voters

7. 'Can't possibly' vet all refugees

8. No-fly zone over Syria impractical due to ‘sophisticated anti-aircraft systems’

9. Chelsea Clinton ‘acted like a spoiled brat’

10. ‘Extraterrestrials, the highest form of intelligence working directly with God’
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure RT has the scoop on any juicy bits in those emails, seeing as how they are a Russian government propaganda agency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and since you are sure to ask:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/putin-rt-sovi...

http://www.rferl.org/a/rt-propaganda-columbia-journalism-stu...

http://rtwatchcuj.tumblr.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
These emails are delightful, just the best ! It's hard to think that anyone but wikileaks will win every journalism award for this year. It really has been the year of sunlighted information.

1,2,4 and 6 seem the most damaging to anyone outside the ostrich brigade. 9 is just a little icing on the cake and may explain why she like how Trumps children turned out. 10 is just a wtf type moment.

8. No-fly zone over Syria impractical due to ‘sophisticated anti-aircraft systems’

10. ‘Extraterrestrials, the highest form of intelligence working directly with God’

Did you attend any school at all in which the concepts of primary sources, citations, logical reasoning, or relevance were remotely covered? This reads like the cobbled together bibliography of a classic conspiracy theorist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
Did you attend any school at all in which the concepts of primary sources, citations, logical reasoning, or relevance were remotely covered? This reads like the cobbled together bibliography of a classic conspiracy theorist.

No, I come from the real world where politicians would never reveal this, so its funny to see them exposed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

No, I come from the real world where politicians would never reveal this, so its funny to see them exposed.

You mean like when we found out The Donald liked to sexually assault women, and ran a phony charity. Yeah Good times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
You mean like when we found out The Donald liked to sexually assault women, and ran a phony charity. Yeah Good times

No more like Donna's ! Donna B is out at CNN, the chips are falling !

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/10/13/cnns-jake...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

No more like Donna's ! Donna B is out at CNN, the chips are falling !

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/10/13/cnns-jake...

Funny how we have nothing about The Donald and his Russian connections business and otherwise. Funny that.

Funny also that this does not make The Donald less a sexual predator and miserable excuse for a human being that does not deserve to be anywhere near the halls of power

thanks for sharing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Funny how we have nothing about The Donald and his Russian connections business and otherwise. Funny that.

Funny also that this does not make The Donald less a sexual predator and miserable excuse for a human being that does not deserve to be anywhere near the halls of power

thanks for sharing

True, but you have 99% of the media feverishly digging into Trump, I am sure they will uncover it, if its there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Politicians make deals. They compromise. They change their positions to reflect the will of the people. A politician who doesn't do this doesn't accomplish much and doesn't get reelected. Clinton has spent her life in the service of the American public interest. Of course she makes deals. None of these "revelations" bother me. I don't think Clinton is the best possible choice, but I do think she is capable of being an effective president.

Trump has spent his life in the service of himself and his family. He is unquestionably a great father, and Clinton has acknowledged this at the end of the second debate. But Trump has no record of public service. Instead, he has cheated his subcontractors, his employees, his investors, and the customers of Trump University. He understands little about foreign policy, and doesn't seem interested in learning. He is unqualified to be president, and his candidacy is a joke.

These "revelations" will not save Trump's candidacy. He will get crushed on November 8th, just as he deserves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
Trump has spent his life in the service of himself and his family. He is unquestionably a great father

except for the bit where his sons are imbecilic bigots and he likely sexually abused at least one of his daughters, sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
I don't think Clinton is the best possible choice, but I do think she is capable of being an effective president.

And she is a woman !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
How come NO 'mention', until now, were being "made" of CitiBank compiling a LIST of Obama Cabinet appointments at least a month PRIOR with his election in 2008? Certainly, they-(CitiBank) also DID benefit from "Government"-$$$$-infusion a little while later once these 'selections' were "in place" later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Some interesting comments here about the lapdog press and their dedication to the Clinton campaign. I think the press should have no business actively working for one candidate.

And yet the lapdog press is publishing and running all of these articles critical of the Clinton campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

Sure, it's intriguing to be given into the glimpse of someone else's private thoughts or lives. That's why noble publications like The Enquirer and shows like Jerry Springer get an audience. However, interest and relevance don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Your top 10 list is a jumbled mess. The leaked emails are not vetted, meaning we can't be sure they are genuine and unedited. They purport to come from numerous sources Clinton, Podesta and others but are lumped together as though they are all directly relevant to Clintons thoughts and positions. They contain one persons opinion of what another may be thinking or feeling which is about as credible as a Venice Beach tarot card reader. They contain truly irrelevant material like one persons view of Chelsea as a brat and another bizarre reference to UFO's.

If your task were to write an essay on Clinton or argue the case of the conservative position against her, this list of material stands to do little besides convince an audience of your lack of preparation or perhaps sincerity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

Sure, it's intriguing to be given into the glimpse of someone else's private thoughts or lives. That's why noble publications like The Enquirer and shows like Jerry Springer get an audience. However, interest and relevance don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Your top 10 list is a jumbled mess. The leaked emails are not vetted, meaning we can't be sure they are genuine and unedited. They purport to come from numerous sources Clinton, Podesta and others but are lumped together as though they are all directly relevant to Clintons thoughts and positions. They contain one persons opinion of what another may be thinking or feeling which is about as credible as a Venice Beach tarot card reader. They contain truly irrelevant material like one persons view of Chelsea as a brat and another bizarre reference to UFO's.

If your task were to write an essay on Clinton or argue the case of the conservative position against her, this list of material stands to do little besides convince an audience of your lack of preparation or perhaps sincerity.

If Clinton is the candidate you are voting for then you should at least do the minimum to investigate the Podesta leaks. If you cannot be bothered then do not vote. Better to not vote than cast an uninformed ballot.

If that list is the best you can do, then there is really not too much of an argument. "Chelsea is a spoiled brat" is rather a ludicrous argument.

Any mention of her want to commit war crimes, strip people of their citizenship or drag US citizens before military tribunals? Doesn't appear so.

Forgive us is we don't take your advice not to vote unless we vet your rather pathetic list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

If Clinton is the candidate you are voting for then you should at least do the minimum to investigate the Podesta leaks. If you cannot be bothered then do not vote. Better to not vote than cast an uninformed ballot.

OK, I did the minimum. Ten quotes, absent of context, from someone who isn't Clinton, that at best reflect Podesta's personal viewpoint, if the author of the article isn't bearing false witness by cherry picking comments to find the worst possible meanings.

Having done the minimum, I assume you're comfortable with me dismissing this as the garbage it is right? Or do I get to hear the idiotic strawman claim about leftist groupthink and lack of values and blah blah? This minimum investigation claim was total bullshit right? Because if you are going to be among the usual suspects of RSP, and you're going to actually respect a differing viewpoint after genuine investigation, well you'd be the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

First, the "Podesta" leaks have a problem with authenticity at their source. Not all of these materials have been vetted to make certain they are, in fact, genuine and unadultered. At least one of the "alleged" emails I read was composed more like a running monologue interrupted by comments to what appeared to be a driver.

Second, many of them are bald statements of fact which, even if true, have no real relevance to the election. Whether a campaign member thinks Chelsea is a "brat" is merely salacious detail. That the Clinton Foundation, a non-profit, takes money from foreign sources is, likewise not independently relevant. Non-Profit charities do this as a matter of course.

What is lacking here is a meaningful analysis into the Wikileaks dumps.

Assuming I vote for Clinton, it will have less to do with her capability (which is significant) or her integrity (which has legitimate questions) than with the absolute threat imposed by Donald Trump. Without regard to leaked information, Trump has publicly embraced positions which pose grave threats to the physical, political and economic security of the United States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

First, the "Podesta" leaks have a problem with authenticity at their source. Not all of these materials have been vetted to make certain they are, in fact, genuine and unadultered. At least one of the "alleged" emails I read was composed more like a running monologue interrupted by comments to what appeared to be a driver.

Second, many of them are bald statements of fact which, even if true, have no real relevance to the election. Whether a campaign member thinks Chelsea is a "brat" is merely salacious detail. That the Clinton Foundation, a non-profit, takes money from foreign sources is, likewise not independently relevant. Non-Profit charities do this as a matter of course.

What is lacking here is a meaningful analysis into the Wikileaks dumps.

Assuming I vote for Clinton, it will have less to do with her capability (which is significant) or her integrity (which has legitimate questions) than with the absolute threat imposed by Donald Trump. Without regard to leaked information, Trump has publicly embraced positions which pose grave threats to the physical, political and economic security of the United States.

Wikileaks themselves vetted their authenticity. I am sure the originals have been deleted by now. There are people that are scouring these emails to verify them. One email from Donna Brazil to Podesta, informs them of a question in a debate that was asked later. Something like that can be verified but something like that can also be constructed after the fact. It will take months to verify if these leaks are real. I still say being informed of the contents is basic voter literacy. That you resist this does not surprise me.

How'd they do that? Assange googled a lot of stuff?

The really insidious thing about this sustained hack/leak campaign is the risk of the Russians sneaking in a forged item or two amidst all the no-doubt accurate stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Not to interrupt you poisoning the well. But we don't know what the source of these leaks are.

By that same token, if we don't know the source then we don't know the provenance of the documents at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
hyperbolus wrote:
Not to interrupt you poisoning the well. But we don't know what the source of these leaks are.

By that same token, if we don't know the source then we don't know the provenance of the documents at all.

HyperB, the most blocked account on BGG (per their advertisements) wants to do moon shots starting with Chuck Todd. He is part of the mainstream media poisoning our minds, man.

Will they say he was a good man??

Will they say he was a kind man??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
hyperbolus wrote:
Big picture both parties and the entire country would be well served in punishing the courtier press and media lackeys that hang around these campaigns and have REAL JOURNALISTS covering important political stories. Right now I would not trust people like Chuck Todd with a movie review that man and others like him should be fired into stratosphere for their betrayals.

Yep, the press sucks, from Fox to CNN from the Washington Times to the New York Times. What are going to do about it, overturn the First Amendment? Is that your solution?

People want biased crap, they're going to get biased crap. But, in reality, most Americans are far more interested in voting on Dancing With the Stars, how many guns they can polish in an hour, and what's up with the Kardashians?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
hyperbolus wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Yep, the press sucks, from Fox to CNN from the Washington Times to the New York Times. What are going to do about it, overturn the First Amendment? Is that your solution?

Traditional media is already having their lunch eaten. Things like the Podesta leaks will bring about their death quicker. I can only hope they are replaced by something better. Good journalism is more important today than ever and it may not be something that cannot be automated very soon.

remorseless1 wrote:

People want biased crap, they're going to get biased crap. But, in reality, most Americans are far more interested in voting on Dancing With the Stars, how many guns they can polish in an hour, and what's up with the Kardashians?

Maybe the pendulum on intellectualism will swing the other way and people will be more concerned with more worthwhile matters than the Kardashians and Dancing with the Stars.

You have way more faith in people than I do. Great. I love optimists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:

US government intelligence agencies (specifically the heads of the CIA and DHS) have publicly accused the Russians of doing this. This would be a rather unusual thing to do if they did not believe this to be true, based on the technical expertise of the professionals in the US intelligence community.

The "blame China" plotline from Veep* notwithstanding, the US government doesn't do this sort of thing lightly.

*Note: a fictional work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
surprise China in "fair"-TURN-abouts: "BLAME CANADA!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.