GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Revolt» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Maybe I missed it in the rules, but how do I play this expansion solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Fleming
Germany
Paderborn
Northrhine-Westfalia
flag msg tools
Only the setup for the event deck ist different I believe. Other than the setup cards there was nothing that talked about solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, it's all in the set up card. So the set up for chapter I says to read card 37 in the solo game and card 30 in the multiplayer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nico
Japan
flag msg tools
How many Assistants should we set when the solo game starts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2 assistants in the solo game (choose randomly). However there is an event, which lets you swap an assistant with any assistant not in play. So there is not much luck involved regarding the assistants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just played my first solo game of this, and I love it!

I was also looking for confirmation of the 2 assistants (I just guessed as much based on the other player counts).

I managed to just about fulfill the King's request, and now it's on to Chapter 2.

@alexP are you going to do a similar story expansion for Port Royal? I think it lends itself to it, right?

This is inspiring to me as a designer. You've managed to do so much with just a few cards.

I really love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Yes, I'm also working on a "dynamic eventdeck" (thats how I call it) expansion on Port Royal. Let's wait what the publisher thinks of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you all the best for it. I will insta-buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
2 assistants in the solo game (choose randomly). However there is an event, which lets you swap an assistant with any assistant not in play. So there is not much luck involved regarding the assistants.

So if I have bought one assistant, and that event comes up, I can swap it out with any assistant card (not just the other 1 in the display)? What's really the difference, just the VP on them, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't get to swap it with an already bought assistant but with an assistant in the display. Try to get one, which fits to your buildings, so you can hire him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
You don't get to swap it with an already bought assistant but with an assistant in the display. Try to get one, which fits to your buildings, so you can hire him.

Oh, I misunderstood. That makes more sense. Thanks! You can hire both in a solo game, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
AlexP wrote:

Oh, I misunderstood. That makes more sense. Thanks! You can hire both in a solo game, right?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.