Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked through the forums and this question was answered before with an "I think" answer. I also looked through plaid hat's forums and didn't find it. I'm trying to find a definitive answer.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
On Island A it says "Dangerous waters of 3 in this space." Then on the island sticker itself there is a "4" value dangerous site shield. Is this wrong or am I missing something? Everything was clear until these values conflicted. What do these values mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answered here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1641742/spoilers-island...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the post I was referring to. It didn't look like he knew for sure or had any affiliation with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize my mistake. I thought the game was designed by Rob Daviau. Turns out JR Honeycutt is also one of the designers. Looks like that answer carries a little bit more weight now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Temelin wrote:
I realize my mistake. I thought the game was designed by Rob Daviau. Turns out JR Honeycutt is also one of the designers. Looks like that answer carries a little bit more weight now.

JR is a developer - put another way to the best of my understanding, rob designs the game, then JR helps make it better by finding things that are broken, aren't fun, or could be improved in some other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there's another thread that's entirely about this particular question, why start a second thread entirely about exactly the same thing? It's hard enough to find answers as it is.

We've been playing it as "3" based on JR's posting, and based on the other Dangerous Waters values that we've seen, I believe that was the right choice and 4 would be excessive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
When there's another thread that's entirely about this particular question, why start a second thread entirely about exactly the same thing? It's hard enough to find answers as it is.
That's a fair question. The original thread was created and then edited on my phone while we were scrambling trying to figure it out mid-game. Someone found the original thread shortly after my initial post, but none of us recognized the respondent. Playing a small rule incorrectly can have a major affect on the campaign so we were surprised that this wasn't mentioned more prominently somewhere. I hope there aren't other errors like this later in the game, because looking for answers is more of a pain due to everyone trying to be cryptic to avoid spoilers. There's no way that I know of to delete a thread after it's created.
DaviddesJ wrote:

We've been playing it as "3" based on JR's posting, and based on the other Dangerous Waters values that we've seen, I believe that was the right choice and 4 would be excessive.

We went with 3 and agree it feels like the correct number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
benmartell wrote:
Temelin wrote:

JR is a developer - put another way to the best of my understanding, rob designs the game, then JR helps make it better by finding things that are broken, aren't fun, or could be improved in some other way.

It should be 3 - I'm working from memory (as usual) but I specifically recall 3 being the number, and the number of the counting being 3.

Also, don't give me too much credit - Rob made an amazing game, and brought me in to kick the tires a little before he sent it to print. His design, and I just helped him dot the t's and cross the i's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can anyone pm with the details of island A? We've just kicked off a session and can't find the sticker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Addington
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
David_Lewis57 wrote:
Can anyone pm with the details of island A? We've just kicked off a session and can't find the sticker.

Here's the entry. Not sure of the Entry #

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I hope that this entry finds its way back home. I fear that i shall never see my lands again. We set out on the seas, travelling for what seemed like endless months. We grew restless and our food grew low. There was rationing, a great storm took us and all rallied to save the ship. Finally, at dawn, the call of "Land Ho!" echoed out and we pulled into a harbour, too tired to do more than rest upon the very decks. The island is foreboding and none want to set foot on it. Even worse are the rough waters that seem to surround it. This land may be cursed by some ancient evil.

Name the island.

The stickers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.