Hide
4 Posts

Emergence: A Game of Teamwork and Deception» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assimilate Knowledge Rules Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason McReynolds
msg tools
Just got the game today and it looks great! I'm looking forward to playing it but have a couple questions about Assimilate Knowledge:

1. The rules say, "To assimilate knowledge, select the activate action and move onto the assimilate tile." The first time I read this I though, "Does that mean you can move onto the assimilate tile from anywhere? Or, does it mean you have to take your normal move and be able to move one space onto the assimilate tile?" I'm guessing it's the latter and that you can't just move onto the assimilate tile from anywhere. Is that correct?

2. After the knowledge tokens have been removed from the aggregator, do they get returned to the "pile" of knowledge tokens, or do you set them next to the scoring tracker on the respective team's side? Just trying to figure out how exactly score is kept (i.e. using the knowledge tokens or using a pen and paper). If the knowledge tokens are used to keep score, what happens if you run out of them?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Morgan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,

1) You are correct it is the latter. You must be adjacent to the Assimilate (gray) Tile, and then on your turn you must move onto it and use your activate action.

2) You may keep track of score however you want. The scoring tracker is just meant to make it easier if you don't have or don't want to use pen & paper. Our goal was to print enough Knowledge Tokens so that you don't run out. However, if you do, feel free to use something else to stand in for more, such as cutting up little squares of paper. Just be sure that they can still fit in the Knowledge Aggregator Box.

I hope that makes sense and let me know if you have any other questions =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McReynolds
msg tools
Thanks Benjamin, that clears it all up! Played a game last night and really liked it, looking forward to playing with more than 3 people though. Mechanics are pretty simple (once you play through and figure them out), but I can see that trying to stop the humans could be a bit of a challenge. I love a good challenge though! Thanks for a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We stack the knowledge tokens in stacks of ten on their spots in the scoreboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.