United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferry (Event, Adventures) says to place the -2 cost token on an Action Supply pile

Small Castle is an Action, Victory, Castle at $5.
I take it you wouldn't be able to put the -2 cost token on this because this supply pile is still treated as a Victory - Castle, as opposed to what the top card currently is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought cards were treated as all of their types. So if Ferry says don't put it on a victory card, you couldn't; but if it says put it on an action card you can. Isn't that the usual rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Ferry (Event, Adventures) says to place the -2 cost token on an Action Supply pile

I take it you wouldn't be able to put the -2 cost token on this because this supply pile is still treated as a Victory - Castle, as opposed to what the top card currently is?
According to the rulebook, when you need to refer to a "pile stat", use the randomizer card. Therefore, the "Castle" pile is a Victory card pile only (even though some cards are actions too) and thus Ferry cannot be used on it. Similarly, it can be used as the Bane Card for Young Witch (from Dominion: Cornucopia), as the top card costs $3 (and so the cost on the randomizer card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

The rulebook is explicit:
"This pile is treated as a Victory - Castle pile, as per the Randomizer, despite the top card being a Treasure - Victory - Castle."
(it's in the Split Piles section).

It is not a valid pile for the -2 cost token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.