3 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card drawing and reshuffling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, as with any games with deck-building mechanisms, I was curious as to the exact order some things were supposed to happen, or if it was up to the player to decide.

So I play a card for movement, and it lets me draw a card. Do I draw my card before declaring my movement? If so, then obviously I get to see it before I decide where I am headed, and whether or not I draw a Tactics card could influence my decision.

Sort of the same kind of thing: Let's say I play multiple cards that let me draw cards, but my draw deck is empty. Do my played cards go into my discard pile before I shuffle? After I shuffle? Before I resolve my action? After I resolve my action? Is it up to me?

I always try to figure these things out, as it can effect how soon you can get a card back, and I don't like the idea of doing it whichever way benefits you at that exact moment, unless that is the actual rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Play cards
2. Declare Action
3. Execute Action
4. Discard cards
5. Resolve any bonuses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick response. The question came up yesterday, and I let my friend draw immediately after playing as I could find nothing against it, and I had something odd happen later that made me unsure about the exact order. This will make everything completely clear moving forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.