Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mistretta
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded the PC version of Yspahan and attempted to play it - but since all of the menus and text are in another language, I have no idea what I am doing. Can someone write a tutorial that explains the interface?

Thanks,
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What language is it in? There is an English language pack you can download...

Look for the "englisch" button near the bottom of the following page...
on http://www.westpark-gamers.de/download/yspahan_pc.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Everything you need will be in the English help file once you download the language pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe J.
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilTimmy wrote:
Everything you need will be in the English help file once you download the language pack.

That may be, but installing the language pack is another matter entirely. I can't make sense of the directions, and when i try to follow them, it doesn't work. I ended up keeping it in German and just guessing what was going on.

300+ games now, and I've also decided that the game cheats. ;-) Somehow the computer players always get the top boxes when they need it, and they get 5 or 6 camels at a time, while my best roll ever was 3. Which brings to mind another point...

In all my games, I've never seen any number other than 1 in the camel box. Apparently, the computer never fails to roll at least one 1.

This griping doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game, I would have deleted it long ago if I didn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
Majiken wrote:
EvilTimmy wrote:

That may be, but installing the language pack is another matter entirely. I can't make sense of the directions, and when i try to follow them, it doesn't work.

I can't believe anyone actually capable of playing Yspahan can't install the language pack. It is literally a matter of unzipping the files into your Yspahan directory - you don't need to do anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe J.
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Dave, apparently I'm an idiot. I've tried it numerous times and it just won't work.

BTW - my computer is a piece of $#@%. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.