Codenames» Forums » General

Subject: Just give clues for one word at a time....? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this game a couple of times. And all that the spy master had to do was only focus on one word at a time. The first team in both cases was able to guess all 9 words in a row since each had its own clue...

The other team never had a chance to guess in either game! Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you only get to give one clue per turn. If it is correctly guessed the agents can guess one more time (and only once) but another clue is not given.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Mason
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that clue givers alternate giving clues. So after red gives a clue, then blue gives a clue to their team.

After your team has touched 1 more than the number, you are done for that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should really rewrite the rulebook. For those of us who like the game, we know how it's meant to be played, but this question comes up often enough that obviously it's not as clear as it should be as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
yes, you only get to give one clue per turn. If it is correctly guessed the agents can guess one more time (and only once) but another clue is not given.

Ohhhhhhh!! What misled me was the rule saying if you guess right, you can keep guessing! It doesn't mean you keep giving clues!

Many thanks to all for replies. My mistake for misunderstanding the rule book blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook was changed after the first printing I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Rulebook was changed after the first printing I believe.

Yes, the new rulebook is here: http://czechgames.com/files/rules/codenames-rules-en.pdf

Pages 4 & 5 seem much clearer on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.