Subject: Dunlendings Movement Restrictions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

The Dunlendings Faction card states under the "Restrictions" heading that "Dunlendings cannot move across impassable borders".

Why would anyone assume that they could? Are there factions that can (other than the Eagles)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Willard
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to figure out what this restriction is all about. It doesn't make sense to restate a rule that is already in effect.

I can't understand it for the life of me.

The Army of the dead can cross the White Mountains impassable line from Erech if the Dark Door is in play. But I don't know that any other factions would be able to cross a black line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
nymmerod wrote:
The Army of the dead can cross the White Mountains impassable line from Erech if the Dark Door is in play. But I don't know that any other factions would be able to cross a black line.

Glad you mentioned this - when I mentioned it during my queries about the Dead Men, someone said this card only applied to companions. I didn't have the card to hand and took their word for it, but this comment prompted me to check and you're definitely right.

As to why this clarification is there... it does seem a bit redundant. But it's not really doing any harm either so I'm not concerned about it. Maybe it's in contrast to the Eagles? Though in that case you would think they would all say it except for the Eagle.

Dunno...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
Hi!

The Dunlendings Faction card states under the "Restrictions" heading that "Dunlendings cannot move across impassable borders".

Why would anyone assume that they could? Are there factions that can (other than the Eagles)?

The Eagles are the only Faction that can (outside of Event cards that may allow it).

Orion3T wrote:
nymmerod wrote:

Glad you mentioned this - when I mentioned it during my queries about the Dead Men, someone said this card only applied to companions. I didn't have the card to hand and took their word for it, but this comment prompted me to check and you're definitely right.

That discussion was actually about the "Paths of the Dead" card, not "The Dark Door".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Krieghund wrote:
That discussion was actually about the "Paths of the Dead" card, not "The Dark Door".

It was about both actually. Paths of the Dead pertains to the first part of my post (about placing Aragorn in Erech then adding Dead Men). I then went on to discuss another situation - moving the Dead Men through the mountains to attack Orthanc. I didn't have the card to hand as I was at work, and couldn't recall it's exact name. So what I said, about half way down was:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23857968#23857968

Quote:
We also had some queries about Dead Men attacking Orthanc (by using the card ability which lets them move through the Mountains to Helm's Deep, Edoras and Westemnet):

It's quite possible some of the respondants interpreted that as our misunderstanding of a different card, but the card I was thinking of was definitely The Dark Door.

It's not important though - I did write a lot in that post, so it's my fault if some people didn't interpret it all as I intended. Main thing is, it's cleared up now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.