Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the special rules it is stated that the Rebels start with 2 victory banners for possession of all three camp hexes. Are those Carthagan victory banners (i.e. they start with four banners left)?
And what happens if the camps keep on changing possession? Are banners given every time again or are own banners returned?

In the very short play we had the Rebels simply smashed Carthago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience was that this was, indeed, a tough one for Carthage.

And it doesn't make it easier interpreting the special rules the only way I can figure they could work-- which is that the Rebels start the game with 2 of the Carthaginian banners already in their possession (which, yes, would mean they only need 4 more to win).

It's Carthaginian banners which will be going "back and forth" if the camps change hands multiple times.

Unfortunately, the most recent FAQ only mentions 2 scenarios (from first edition). There is a "camp banner" situation in one of them (Baecula) but there is no further exchange once the camp is captured.

I can't see how the wording could work any other way-- so certainly make sure this one is a "play both sides and compile a total score."

I had one game in which the rear units of the rebels never engaged-- the guys in the camps were able to do the job without support. (It was a bad day for the elephants.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow-- I just saw that I got a 1/10th Geek Gold "tip" for that posting.

Is that like leaving the waiter a 1 cent tip-- to make sure he knows you did not just "forget" but that you thought he did a lousy job?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okee-dokie.

Here's to you finding that other boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Wow-- I just saw that I got a 1/10th Geek Gold "tip" for that posting.

Is that like leaving the waiter a 1 cent tip-- to make sure he knows you did not just "forget" but that you thought he did a lousy job?

LOL! I did not know you could tip in such miniscule increments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

And it doesn't make it easier interpreting the special rules the only way I can figure they could work-- which is that the Rebels start the game with 2 of the Carthaginian banners already in their possession (which, yes, would mean they only need 4 more to win).

It's Carthaginian banners which will be going "back and forth" if the camps change hands multiple times.

I just played that scenario and it was pretty clear to me that the banners change hands as Kduke said. When i had to retreat from a camp i lost a banner and the Rebels won a banner. When i took back the camp the rebels lost the camp banner and i took it again.
That's all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the banner distribution completely diferent as it is here exposed.
If you have posession of 3 camps you have 2 of your banners as gained camp banners.
If you have posession of 1 or 2 camps you have 1 of your banners as gained camp banner.
If you have posession of none camp you don't have any banners as gained camp banners.
If your enemy has posession of 3 camps he has 2 of his own banners as gained camp banners.
... (analog)

But I understand that camp-banners are independant for each player.
So, for example having none camp is not equivalent to the enemy having all camps. It could be that all camps are unoccupied, so no one would have any camp banner for it, until someone moves into it.

Someone reads the Utica war-council as I do or am I totally wrong? (It's my first scenario with camps, so maybe I'm missing the normal logic behind)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.