Festung Europa: The Campaign for Western Europe, 1943-1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: Supply status check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
During the Axis attrition phase, is the Allied mechanized units supply status checked in order to assess if they have a ZOC at this instant.

I would say yes even if its not explicitly stated in the rules

Quote:

11.1 Supply determination
Units must be in supply to perform most actions. Supply is determined:
- at the instant of activation for movement, combat, Redeployment, or using Replacement Points,
- during combat for the Defender,
- during the Attrition Phase for each side.

May be stated if "during the Attrition Phase for each side" means that during the Axis attrition phase both sides check their supply status but only the Axis OOS units are eliminated.

Sorry if this is clear but as English is not my mother tongue sometimes I may not get some subtleties (and as second excuse I am Belgian ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I understand what is being asked.

Yes, you do check for the supply status of Allied units during the Axis player's Attrition Phase. The third bullet of rule 11.1 is referring to this as you surmised.

I wish I could have included a Belgian (and Dutch too, for that matter) unit in the game but the scale wouldn't permit it.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Festung Europa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the confirmation Michael.

Indeed in such game scale, the "Brigade Piron" could not appear as a unit

I made some "advertisement" for this great game in a famous French boardgames forum.

https://www.trictrac.net/forum/sujet/festung-europa-the-camp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.