Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the better half of the game, you spend your turn on rotating and moving, targeting an enemy that will no longer be there anyway when your turn comes again. It looked good on paper but ultimately it's lacking the dynamics. Either that or I'm missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Слава Zordok
Russia
Санкт-Петербург
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you play Mechwarrior or Robotech?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Michel
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
@Sebastian: did you perhaps miss the speed-module rules (your central module is a speed-module!) and the wastage rules? For us the game didn't feel slow but it requires clever usage of activation chaining by using speed-modules and wastage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've used the speed modules, combined with the main module, wastage: not so much (it only works for two types of tiles).

I've promised myself to try again, but so far, was sort of disappointed by the sheer randomness of the fight - since you don't know what your opponent has most of the time (usually at least 1-2 modules face down, not used yet), you cannot possibly figure out the best positioning for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury Yamschchikov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian, for players, who don't like random there is advanced game mode (please see page 18). In this game mode all modules on board are placed face up and there is no surprise what your opponents got and even what you will take.

Base mode more like bouncy mayhem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the advanced mode is too overwhelming, for a change. I guess I'll just play more and then switch to something in between - when you pick up a module, you show up and keep it face up, but the arena is still face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury Yamschchikov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds interesting, I'll test this "half-random" mode, probably it will be good for some players.
PS Please write your impressions when you try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.