Hide
8 Posts

Crisis» Forums » General

Subject: Anybody played it at Essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Lityński
msg tools
Has anyone had a chance to play this at Essen Spiel? What are your impressions?

I'm a little bit surprised there is yet nothing about it here or on KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I only bought it and the Adventskalender promo but I hope to get it on the table soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it on Tabletopia and I'm wondering if there are any changes between the final version and what is on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Dimant
Germany
Weil am Rhein
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it after the game explanation and tabled it on Sunday in a 2p game. Was pleasantly surprised, the game is quite good.
What I'm not so happy about is though that the big cards don't stay flat… I had it out for a few minutes and the sun was shining on my storage card, making it bent pretty easily. Really confused about that, especially since the cards are linen coated from what I gather.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Same thing happened to the cards in the videos I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gume

Essen
msg tools
Played it at Spiel2016; Buyed it; Played in 3 days 2 times- I really enjoy this game.

This workerplacement game runs so smooth and fluently. At the end of the first round you could have: Buyed your own industry, employed workers, used your industry to produce stuff and finally sold it or saved it for future production chain you wil create in the next round.

Espacially the ValuePoint and finance status mechanic are original and adds a lot of thematic flavour.

Played it with 3 Players(at spiel) and 2times with 4 Players. All my friends enjoyed it, even one who is a light-middle Gamer.
I think this game will be long in my "always want to play" List.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost Billiet
Belgium
Wielsbeke
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played 3 rounds with 3 players in Essen.
Was pleasantly surprised by it, hadn't had it on the list but after the 3 rounds we end up buying it.

Liked the pace of the game and the amount of option you get every single turn. The theme also goes very well with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thor Larsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played it 2-player twice at Essen

First game on hardest difficulty blew us away. The financial goals were really interesting and establishing an engine is difficult while at the same time trying to not to stray to far away from your VP goals. A bit like the use of VPs in Trickerion to reach an important threshold.

Second game on middle difficulty was not as good. The board does no scaling for two, making resources abundant and the goals easy to meet early in the game. And as soon as the financial goals no longer makes a difference, the game reveals itself as bland resource production/conversion…

So even though the difficultiy cards handles scaling in a great way, you generally have to like the openness in the game to appreciate the two-player experience.

Really love the “semi-coop” element, which I am normally wary of. You can definitely game it, and help someone lose the game, but that just made it more tense.

Would love to try 3 or 4 player game on difficult mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.