Clank!» Forums » General

Subject: Explain the goal/rules please (just one articfact endgame?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin J.

Duesseldorf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks very interesting. I like adventures like this.
I know you need to get scorepoints.

But if one player decides to get only the first artifact and runs back, have the other three player a chance to get more points or continue play and win the game? Do i have still enough time to explore the dungeon, if one player runs back?

I mean, how can I explore and enjoy the dungeon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first player out triggers the end of the game, but the other players get four more turns and as long as they end up above ground level (pretty much the upper half of the board) they get to score at the end. I have only played once, but I reckon that it would be very easy for the other players to beat one-artifact guy if he's taken one of the easy ones (5, 7 or 10 points).

So, yes it would cut the game short and spoil the fun, but I don't think it would be a good winning strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game yesterday and while no one was in a particular rush to get out, I left first and was completely destroyed in points. The 4 extra turns that everyone else gets is very significant, especially if you rush out quickly. I think the best timing for leaving is either when the other players are far too deep or when you're afraid of the dragon killing you, because there is no real upside to getting out first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You also can benefit by timing your departure when their big movement card or two are in a new discard pile, reducing the chances of it coming back up in time. Very Twilight Struggle means of gaming the deck, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only about 20-25% of the points come from artifacts. There are a lot of high point value cards including a 7pt. card that is always available. So you could likely go for a high skill (buying power) strategy to just buy a ton of points.

Getting out is worth 20pts. so you still want to try for that if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
In all of my plays, the first person out is in no way guaranteed to win. And it isn't *that* easy to just grab the low value artifact and run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that an overly risky player can cause the end game condition to trigger.

The first player to get knocked out triggers the 5 round timer, even if that player can never win from being in the Depths or not having an artifact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin J.

Duesseldorf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks for sharing the game experience.
I will test it as soon as i own the game (probably).
We are at least 3 or 4 players (sometimes 5 players).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.